How about dizziness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok smart ladies who out there gets bouts of dizziness during the day ..? It was bad enough with the hot flashes ,burning tongue now dizziness! Any suggestions how to deal please feel free to tell me all about it ! This isn't too fun anymore

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

OMG I've been suffering from this since January of 2016 it's horrible some days I can feel like I can't walk and it's dizziness but then also just the feeling of being unsteady when I walk I feel very unsteady it makes me not even want to leave the house I did have vertigo in January so I don't know if it's something that just never went away or if it's hormonal but in January is when all my other menopause symptoms hit and I keep going back to oh my gosh do I have MS or something terrible it's been really hard for me to deal with this symptom. . I started taking a low dose of Xanax because my doctors keep telling me it's from anxiety it does seem to help I think but it's still there every day

• Posted

Since January??   OMGoodness...  I've had this for about 2 months.. Dizziness and unsteady when I walk. Didn't know what it was.  Once my blood test came back normal, I figured it might be related to stress/anxiety.  I started a low dose of Lexapro--  I guess we'll see but I just want this to go away..  

• Posted

yes, a loonnngg time sad its taken joy from my life because i dont look forward to going to places that involve walking a lot. there has been a lot of times i dont go sad i try to explain it tp people and i cant. its this weird feeling in my head, my legs feel weird and i feel unsteady and walk to the right. i had an brain mri and cat scan both normal. its the worst symtpom of them all cause it pretty much never stops. i tell my family its like torture. i pray at nite to please go away and everyday its there sad i hope you dont have it as long me. i am sorry you are going thru it too but honestly makes me feel better to know im not alone.

• Posted

It sure makes grocery shopping a real treat! ( sarcasm).

I also feel this besides the anxiety is one of the most debilitating symptom!! Sea legs, leaning to the right, drunk ( without drinking ) I hate it. It's the fluctuations of hormones having a party in our bodies. Such unwanted guests!!!!

• Posted

I dizziness for probably 3 years solid, and then intermittently for the last 2. It is related to my anxiety and stirred up nervous system. I have learned ways to cope with it and not worry about it and since it has gotten better.
  • Posted

Hi Sue, I think, if everything else has been ruled out it's just your hormones having a whinge (whinge - think tired toddler)rolleyes

I know it is easier said than done when it is happening to you, but there is a useful phrase on this site 'this to shall pass'. All things are fleeting, even the menopause. I think if you can remember this and say it to yourself, take a few deep, slow breaths, perhaps sip a ginger tea (when you can!) try and think of something pleasant. As you do the feeling will start to go, you will feel better and that should see it off completely. It works for me.cheesygrin

• Posted

Wow..Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations. I have heard that when the hormons spike thats why the dizziness happens. All I know it it makes me very anxious. Wow who knew 45 would be so ummmmm yucky
  • Posted

Yes, your post brought it back to me. I used to get dizzy and feel I was being

pulled (can't remember To left or right) but it was horrible and I nearly fainted

a couple of times too was about 3 years ago. I am 56 and still getting lots of

symptoms, that probably lasted about a year, as most things do. Apart from

the hot flushes. When will they ever stop, I am postmenopausal!😕😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.