throat issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys, i was recently dianogsed with crohns diesase, and i am expeicening throat issues lately. a specifc issue that has been really weird lately is when i twist my neck to the right side i let out a burp in my throat. my throat does feel like i need to let out air but it doesnt come out on its own. when i twist my neck to the right i burp and it doesn't give me relief either.

i can just keep burping non-stop if i keep twisting my neck, i dont understand why if anyone has any advise cause it is driving me nuts please help 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had something similar when I developed a 'pouch' in my oesophagus.   It tended to collect air and saliva and would create a burp when I swallowed.

?I suspect that it might simply be a result of the shape of your digestive system and that it is not emanating from as low as your stomach, which is why you do not feel the releif of trapped wind being released.

?I know very little about Crohn's disease but I imagine that it would create all sorts of digestive disruption through your system and this may be one aspect of a side effect. 

?I do hope you get relief from your main problem though.

• Posted

Thank you for replying OPA_AlanM, i have had this issue for about 2months now, and it does feel like it is gradually getting worse. Im getting my 2nd endoscopy done next wednesday. Im just wondering how did they diagnose your "pouch" and i am quite worried that soon something serioes is going to happen to me. I have suffered from anxiety in the past but this is totally different because i am very calm and having no other symtoms but the burping/tight throat feeling and tight chest feeling everyday for the last 2months with 0 relief. should i be worried i keep thinking im not going to make it till my endoscopy cause everytime i put food down my throat it feels like it makes my symtoms even worse. i was thinking if a neck xray will show anything? advise on that?

• Posted

They worked it out by listening to my story and then I had an endoscopy which confirmed it.   The pouches are not dangerous as such.   They have my lower oesophageal sphimcer a stretcth to help food go down.   Some time later I was very violently sick for completely unrelated reasons amnd the process of vomiting seemed to git rid of the pouch.   But that it peculiar to my own situation of course.

​The endoscopy will show any physical obstructions very well.   A barium swallow test would show the process of swallowing on an x-ray as you swallow a white liquid.

​I am not sure about the neck x-ray.   The doctors will know what gives them most information.

• Posted

Well, im happy they helped you. I am wondering also because as i have all these symtoms my TMJ is getting alot worse aswell, not sure if they are linked, but seems to be cracking alot louder then normally, and tender jaw aswell. Im going to an appointment on the 8th of november a "TMJ centre" alot of good reviews maybe they will dont an xray on the jaw or something. cause i find it really strange how my cracking is alot worse with my burping/tighting of throat/chest and thick saliva. Also had this for 3months, and on anti-depressent atm, and they do nothing for me so im getting off them hopefully soon, cause it doesn't benefit me.

Kind Regards 

Julian maccia

• Posted

Sorry if im ranting to much, but aswell on my 1st endoscopy they found non-erosive gastrits, unsure if that can do any of this. but im lookig forawrd to seeing the results for the next endoscopy! smile

• Posted

One of the normal ways of treating gastritis is to give medication to reduce the stomach acid to give your system time to heal without the corrosive efect of the acid, but it may be linked to the Crohn's disease perhaps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.