caude equina

Posted , 5 users are following.

who has had this op please and was it successful

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria, I ha
    • Posted

I had slow onset cauda equina and had a laminectomy plus micro discectomy. It stopped it progressing with numbness in legs and other symptoms. I still live with pain and some of the symptoms but op stopped it progressing. Do you have a diagnosis of CES?
    • Posted

I have lots of on going problems still Mary post op and it was over 15 years ago xx
  • Posted

I had a urgent operation for compression of the spine they done the relieved the compression but I suffer bad nerve damage. I have established cauda equine syndrome. I have a colostomy and a urostmoystoma for my wee they left my bladder in but that went septic this was after my op over 3 years years from August 08 I tried to carry on as normal but my nerves did not repair like they can sometimes. I have had hernias operations which I would not have had I was left for 6 days sent home 1st time from the hospital I sued they settled out of court a lot of money I would give it all back. For my old life. I have worse pain now I am disabled and got 2 stomas.

Only thing left to try and easy the pain is Nerou modulation operation. The put a thing like a pace maker inside ur back it disrupts the pain signals to the brain. I have got a stay in hospital rooms for a 2week assessment to make sure I am completely suitable for the operation as it cost 25000pounds so if u have not gone into compression the operation can work. My back as problems all the way up neck arms hurting.

• Posted

sorry to hear your problems Keith I had caude equina Dr prolapsed my disc and went completely numb from waist down had to have emergency op I suffer severe nerve damage I think my feet suffer worse at night and I use a catheter was wandering what meds u take Keith and where do u live in in England best wishes
    • Posted

I live in swanley kent. I take oxycontine 30mg slow release twice a day progablin 300m twice a day up to 5 25mg notripiline at night plus up 8 50mg Co codmal adapter. Sleep one trazodone 150 mg. As I say I am staying at St Thomas's for 2 weeks in their hotel it 2 Week assessment it call neuro modulation the put a disc and battery in ur back to break up the pain signals to the brain they have to make sure ur right I had a day assessment 1st. It cost 25000 but can help.

I can't stand the pain I have mood swing depression and anxiety I have receiving help with that. Hope u near Kent we could meet for a chat.

• Posted

hi Keith new to this site so I've only just received this message sorry to hear about your problems hope they can sort u out I'm in Plymouth devon

• Posted

Hi Keith

I am jade I wanted to chase the ending of this post If you don't mind,did the op work or did you have it as I am desperate I am 30 with 3 children had to have 6 ops due to this life robbing cse!can't be a proper mum am going in for perm cathirer in Jan because nerves are dead!I am so depressed and on so many pain meds finD it hard to stay awake oral Morph fentenal gabapenten dizapam naproxin the list is endless!am waiting to go to court at the moment but like you say no amount of money is worth this pain and suffering xxx

• Posted

I'm a little over 3 years since my operation for ces im still suffering with chronic pain in my back and both legs my right leg shakes un controably my left foot is dropped I still have bowel problems my waters improved a little but still ha be some problem with it walking is painful and hard and I have a problem with my balance on my right side and I'm depressed a lot so I find every day a big struggle and thank god that I m alive sleep is a big problem too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.