B12 and iron deficiency please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having a lot of symptoms for months including no energy, blackouts, fainting, chest pain, sickness and no immune system.

The doctors gave me iron tablets and b12 tablets to help these didn't work and so I then started b12 injection I had 6 over a 2 week period. These have helped slightly but not greatly.

I am still having all the symptoms I did but the only difference is I don't have so much chest pain when walking.

I have tried to limit my caffeine and eat more veg, u don't eat meat so cannot get iron this way.

I have now been called in by HR in work as I've had 5 occasions of sickness this year, I have explained everything but it's made me stressed and worried as this isn't something that is going to go away in a few weeks.

Please can anyone help with advice, vitamins they take and if they work, other foods I can eat for a quick burst. I'm desperate so any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Steph x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you been tested for celiac disease?
    • Posted

Yes I had this a few years ago through a blood test I think
    • Posted

have you also been tested for pernicious anemia? maybe you feel bad be cause you don't eat meat. are you in the US? they have a super supplimetns that can help you out with suppliments. 

i hope you eat a steak or something, if you need it, why not!  

• Posted

I am in Wales in the UK, I do occasionally eat meat but not a huge fan of it so tend to eat Quorn products a lot.

I am trying to find good vitamins that work that I can benefit from

• Posted

I had to look up quorn, ive never heard of it. minced mushrooms to look like meat. 

I get being a veg, i was a vegan for 7 year and veg for 15 or more. but if one is to be a vegan, they have to be very smart about it so they don't get sick. saving animals is awesome, but it is hard to be a well balanced (as in food) healthy vegan.  i hope you find a good vitamin, but i think real food is best for the body.  

hope you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.