Hot Flashes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I really having a rough couple of days , has anyone had hot flash that stats all day and doesn't let up. I can't tell if it is something else or menopause.

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes linda.  the only ones I get last for the whole day.  Then days and days without, then one that lasts and lasts.  Then a week or two, then one again that starts on waking and lasts all day.  Like you, these are my panic days, because I don't get them as often as others, I of course think that something horrible is happening to me.  Just had one of those days today.  Strange feeling in centre chest, moved to stomach, felt ill, then a quick headache that disappeared, then woozy, then a strange cold sweat sensation in face.  that went, then weird tiredness, then heat, then cold.  That is the whole day.  Eased up, still feel weird.  Thought about going to doctor, then waited it out.  It is an ongoing exhausting battle to convince yourself that it is 'just' menopause.  Hope the next one is not for a long time.  

• Posted

this menopause thing is very interesting how we all have so many similar, yet so different symptoms. I personally love tate surge that comes flying out of my chest, I just wish it would happen during the day rather then wake me from a nice sleep.  Thankfully I live alone and won't bother anyone but the dog so I get up and clean house for an hour then go back to bed smile I used to fight it and stay in bed and toss and turn, but no more.go with the flow as much as I can.

• Posted

yes there's no point lying there waiting for it to go away.  It used to give me a right fright when it happened during the night.  Now I just breathe and able to go back to sleep.  fighting it is just pointless eek

• Posted

It is ridiculous my Dr. told me menopause wouldn't do that.

• Posted

that's because they don't know and they don't know because doctors before them have not recorded womens complaints, just look at each and every one of us like we're just crazy or something.  if they took an interest and recorded it somewhere, then things would improve for women.  It is awful to be told everything is normal and yet feel so NOT normal.  It is not good enough!!

• Posted

was that doctor a man or a young woman?  I have had docs tell me some many things that were not factual.  One concersation with a do was about Celiac Disease, I have it.  T the doc said I had an "intollerance to gluten". I said, "I thought I had the disease"? she said "you do, they are the same thing". NOT!  I understadn hey do not know everything, they are human, that is why we have google and places like this to get life experiance/hands on answers (we hope).  

If they have not expericance it they think we all make it up. Some can be very dismissive.  

• Posted

I agree.  i am in the states and hopfully with a woman (gawd I hope!) pres, we might start getting some real women's healthcare started! I do however wish alternative care i.e. easten medicine were implmented more instead of shoving pills down everyones throat. Nearly every pill out there makes us sick with something else later on.  we need to really try harder to eat better and health will follow.

• Posted

yes!  let's hope the women of the states choose the woman, for everyone's sake everywhere!

• Posted

Hi linda, I nevet reallybhad hot flashes. I used to get terrible night sweats. I would wake up 3 to 4 times a might drenched in sweat. I would have to change my pajamas often. I had to put thick towels under me to absorb the sweat. I don't get them now. Thank god.

If you are still getting your period, it could be perimenopause. Go to your doctor to be sure.

• Posted

Hi, Linda ~

Yes, I have! I have experienced hot flashes, just all-out BEING HOT, ALL day long before. Even on days where I'm not running around. Just the most basic things can leave me hot and flashing like no other. You're not alone in this. What other things are you experiencing would be my next question. Then, you can begin to put the pieces of your puzzle together and determine what's going on. Sure sounds hormonal. I'm not sure of anything else that causes hot flashes like that except medications maybe. Good luck to you! 

Peace, Love & Light.

Moonleaf ~

;-) ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.