Mild chronic gastrit after helicobacter pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it all started in December 2015 with diarrhea,stomach pain burning feeling under the left ribb and nausa feeling like that if I wanted to faint. After 3 months the docotor found I had HP and I got tripple treatment for 1 week clarithromycin, amoxicillin and PPL.

After that I was not better so had to do a gastroscopy in June and they saw  that I had a mild chronic gastritis (no ucler) and I still HP left. So they putted me on metronidazole, amoxicillin and PPL for 14 days.

1 month after I did a stool test came back negative. 4 months after that, I still feel bad  after I eat sometimes i feel nasues and like i want to vomit, and it can burn / hurt on the left side under the ribb.

My question is how long can it take for a mild gastritis to heal after HP? and is there anyone else out there who had a mild gastritis from HP that can shear there story how long it took for them to get better.

My docs say there is not much i can do and dont give me a straight answer how i can heal in the best way... 

I try to stay on a strict diet but still dont seem to help alot.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been checked for gallstones? I have ibs but got worse and it turned out I had gallstones.

Also prebiotic helped, especially after antibiotics. Expensive but the wheat based one is better.

• Posted

No i didnt check for gallstones! Right now am eating probiotics also smile

• Posted

I had gas triton but no HP and it took me about a year to get better. The only thing that helped was esomeprazole and I was on that for almost a year. Liquid antacid helped too.
    • Posted

Did your doc tell you to be on esomeprazole for so long or did you decide yourself ?
    • Posted

i started on omeprazole but it didnt help, esomeprazole is one up from that. i had to go back for check ups but luckily i had a very good gp at the time who realsed that my stomach needed time to heal and that wouldnt happen if i cane off the meds too soon. i retrospect a year was probably a bit long, but it got to the stage where i was a bit scared to come off them inae the pain started again. im glad i did though as i was healed bu then. i still suffer excess acid casionally but liquid antacid sorts that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.