Positive for HSV

Posted , 4 users are following.

If I tested positive for HSV 1&2 doctor explained that i had it for a long time I'd it possible my husband's results will come out negative we've been married for 22 yrs

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If your husband doesn't have any symptoms to be tested, then its very possible it will come back negative for him. I had this discussion with my boyfriend (who gave me HSV-1 GH orally) It is not usually reccommended for partners of people with HSV to get tested unless they have symptoms. It is possible that your husband has HSV but has not had symptoms (unless he has had coldsores which not many people recognise as herpes). If you are both infected you cannot reinfect eachother unless just one of you has HSV. 

So basically, if he's got nothing to swab his results will probably be negative. :]

• Posted

well i never had any symtoms nor break outs the reason i was tested was because he confessed he was having an affair. both of us had blood tests drawn not swabbed

• Posted

I don't know if it could be in thank you Bashan for as long as 22 years, without an initial breakout, but mine took six months before any symptoms at all. I I am pretty sure this week was my initial breakout because of the accompanying flu symptoms and number of lesions. if you were in a monogamous relationship as I was previously for 16 years, if I had had any sores like what I do now, I think it's possibleto have passed it off as a pimple. The fact that after 16 years I have a new partner made me question the bumps more and think of them in a different way than I would have a year ago

• Posted

"Thank you bashan" = incubation

• Posted

I was told it couldn't be tested using blood! Strange. 

• Posted

just googled it and it can be tested through blood and urine also.. I feel lied to! Haha. 
    • Posted

You will find that there are quite a few uncertainties but there are a lot of similarities as well. Doctors are knowledgeable in many areas but they DO NOT know for certain. Was told i would need 50% help for the rest of my life when i was twenty due to a traumatic brain injury but here i am at thirty eight typing on a smart phone (i figured out), driving, working, graduated from college, etc. Doctors are well educated but this shows you they cannot predict the future.

Having said all this to say we cannot be truly certain of anything. Know you are not alone and that doctors are more educated than me but you are entitled to a second opinion. You are also entitled to keep yourself informed & to ask questions in regards to ANY & ALL happenings in your life. You deserve truth in all aspects!!!

Sorry to be so long winded but i want each of us to know the truth about our bodies ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.