Describe your hot flushes/flashes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Could everyone describe what they feel before and during a hot flash/flush. I think it would help each other to know what to expect or to understand what is happening to them as i think everyone's experience is a bit different.  thnks

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Edited

my symptoms are pretty mild compared to some folks that I hear out here. I get them when I am sleeping.  I wake to freaking HOT! Mostly in my chest area at first, but it works it's way all over my body, my legs and arms get really hot too.  It feels like I have a giant fireball in my chest and as soon as I toss off the blankets, it feels like i released a demon. it is a real charge!!!  smile 

But I do not know if it is all from the hormones as I have autoimmune diseases that could be causing some symptoms. I just do not know. 

Maybe you could describe your symtoms too smile

• Edited

i get discomfort in center of chest area, then a sticky heat on face only, don't go red, just a sweaty heat on one side of face normally.  then palpitations, sick feeling in upper stomach, woozy head.    Do you get anything like this?  I just feel odd with them and only happen a couple of times a month.

• Posted

I do have a lot of nausia, but not sure if that is from the Celiac's, the PM, or the hormones.

My cousin gets about 100 HF(hot flases) a day, she turns beat read and shiny faced. Almost all my friends get that too, but so far,  I am lucky in that dept. Of course, I just started to have menapausal symptoms.  I am 57 and have not finished getting the moon cycles yet so maybe it will become worse with time.  I do have a really healthy (boring) diet, I don't eat processed foods, so maybethat plays a roll in it? I eat gluten free paleo, but not sure it is for everyone. I only eat this way because I almost died and am trying to get healthy. So I don't know!    It will be interesting to hear others reactions. Thanks for bringing up the subject!

• Edited

i don't go red. So that's probably good because nobody knows, but a bad thing also because i feel ill and my face probably looks like I have blank starey look when its happening because that's how I feel, out of it!

• Edited

Hi

I just feel really really hot like a sweat and it passes in about 10 minutes. Don't go red.

Sometimes in the morning after a shower I need to shower again if I'm having one. It's awful

• Edited

well that's not fun, two showers!  LOL!!! If it helps, the ND said that hot flashes are good for us, they release toxins from our bodies!  

• Posted

one good thing I suppose.   Getting rid of toxins.  They should make menopause clothes for us women.  Towelling material to soak it up!  or what is that material called that they wear outdoors - gortex
    • Posted

biggrin so true so true!  the clothing manufacterers could be making a killing here! 

• Posted

Hi there. Well I have gone through stages. Firstly they just happened out of the blue.

Then I started to get a feeling that I wanted to cry, and sometimes I did, come over

me. Then I started getting butterflies in my stomach. Now it just happens again I

Get very hot ( now getting one). Sometimes palpitations.

The worst thing I am getting at the moment is when I have just fallen to sleep

about 10 minutes later I wake up abruptly feeling awful then I get so hot and

Have to throw off the covers for about 10-15 mins. I have a fan on me every night.

I wake up 3-6 times a night with hot flushes. Now the bad news; I am 56 and post-

Menepausal. I don't know when it will stop, but everyone is different.

Hope you do not suffer too badly. Best regards

• Posted

how long are you post?  if it's a long time then it is bad news

• Posted

that surge of heat is really amazing isn't it! I wish we could bottle it!

• Posted

"how long are you post?  if it's a long time then it is bad news"

• Posted

oh, that was for jokey.  was asking her how long she is post-menopausal because she is still having hot flashes or flushes
    • Posted

About a year postmenopausal. Hopefully it will stop soon. No where near as bad in the day as it used to be. Really not enjoying this new nightime thing though. Having said that I am now going to bed to go through it all again. Hope I sleep well tonight and all you ladies too. Night😴😴

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.