I'm worried about loose skin.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 17 years old, 6'4" and I weigh 263 pounds, I'm trying to lose weight but I've heard a lot of stories about loose skin and I'm worried that I may get it when I lose weight. My plan is to lose 50 to 60 pounds, I don't know if loose skin will be too much of an issue for me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello I don't think you have anything to worry about at 17 ..your skin has lots of elastic right now..its only as you get quite a bit older there's a worry.. good luck 😊

• Posted

you might have a little lose skin losing that amount of wgt but i wouldnt think it woul be too excessive - you are young so your skin should still have a lot of elactisity unlike older skin - it might depend on where the concentration of wgt is cos if its all inĀ  one place then that is likely to produce lose skin however if it is evenly spread all over then you might get away with it - whatever the outcome though you are better off without the extra wgt even if it does produce a few flabby bitsĀ 
  • Posted

Hi Souls, at your age your skin should be fine, my weight went up and down many times and only got saggy as I got into my 50's Good luck you'll feel better for losing some. 

• Posted

Hi souls, you don't need to worry about loose skin. The skin is elastic at your age. You will look better if you lose some. Best wishes to you!

• Posted

I think loose skin is not the big problem for you to concern. You're young, your skin can be improved. Youcan apply diet with working out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.