Been Lightheaded for 9 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Starting in February, i started feeling lightheaded constantly. Like everyday for hours at a time. It was real bad when it first started. I couldnt even focus on anything. I remember i was playing xbox and it was so bad i couldnt focus on the game. It's not a dizziness where im off balance, its a lightheadedness sensation in my head. Its kind of hard to explain. Kind of a brain fog too i think. Ive been to the ENT doctor, they couldn't find anything wrong with my eyesight or ears. I've been to the neurologist. He thought it was lightheadedness brought on by an orthostatic intolerance. He prescribed me midorine to take. I thought it helped at first but the problem still remained. He suggested an EEG and MRI of the brain. Did the tests, everything was normal. I really dont what to do. I am in desperate need of help. Im thinking of going to a endocrinologist, maybe its a hormonal issue? Please help

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brett, 

Are you having headaches? 

• Posted

Not really. I mean sometimes i do but no, not often. I was having some migraines but i think that was a side effect from the midorine i was taking.
    • Posted

I have similar symptoms to you and I have a diagnosis of vestibular migraine. Google it, you don't always have to have headaches to have vestibular migraine. I'm seeing a neuro tomorrow so hoping to get more info but the ENT said she thinks its vestibular migraine. I think we are definitely having some sort of inner ear issue... its just a matter of figuring out which one. 

• Posted

Ok ill look into that, and sometimes i have a hard time focusing on stuff. Like reading for example. Maybe the lightheadedness is distracting me?
    • Posted

Ok i might have vestibular migraines but the thing is i dont get off-balance dizzy. I can walk fine. Do you get off balance dizzy?
    • Posted

Ok just to see if we're going thru the same thing, this feeling i get doesnt feel like your normal lightheadedness. Its not your typical standing up too fast lightheadedness feeling. Its more of a weird lightheaded brain fog sensation. Kinda hard to explain. Does this describe your feeling? For me it can get VERY severe but im never off balance no matter how bad it gets.

• Posted

I've been referred to physical therapy by my neurologist to start vestibular rehabilitation exercises. It's supposed to help my brain and eyes communicate again so my brain isn't overcompensating for the vestibular problem. My neuro says it's supposed to help. Trying to stay hopeful about it. How are you getting on? 

• Posted

Playing video games makes your symptoms worse because its trying to force your brain and eyes to recommunicate. Thats what these vestibular exercises are supposed to do. You're supposed to feel worse after you do them but in time it's supposed to teach your brain to recompensate and make the symptoms go away. 

• Posted

I've been very severely lightheaded everyday this week and its been so frustrating. I'm almost at my breaking point and im trying my best to stay hopeful. I'm starting to think staring at my phone seems to trigger it (although it seems to come randomly at times too). I see another neurologist next week and i will bring up vestibular rehabilitation exercises.

• Posted

Don't lose hope. We're going to get through this. It might take some time but we will persevere. I've seen some people complain that computer, phone and tv screens exacerbate their symptoms especially if the problem is migraine. Try to use them less. Try to stay calm and relax, I know this is difficult but I promise it will help.

• Posted

Seen a neurologist today. Waste of time. Said I was doing what a could.
  • Posted

I had to give up any video games.
    • Posted

Video games triggered vertigo on me a couple times. Esp games like GTA or halo. Finally I just gave them all up. Got so even simple ones like Mario was spacing me out. When I am really dizzy i cant watch TV at all or get on the computer. Makes me so dizzy i cant take it.
    • Posted

When you say dizzy, do you lose balance? For me i can walk and stand normal. Never lose balance. Its just super dizzy in my head. Seems like it gets worse when im staring at a screen.
    • Posted

Super dizzy alot. Have fallen a few times when it got real bad. Have days it's just dizziness. Some days it's violant. Vertigo almost daily. Have had this for 10 years. But 2 months ago it got real bad. Appoinents with neuro next week. ENT suspects it's menieres now.

• Posted

I just left the neurologist. He said he hates dizziness and vertigo because he can't figure out what causes it. I've been to every doctor. THEY DONT KNOW! they practice medicine. I just live with it. Thankful for good days. I've wasted so much money on this! I did get Valium out of the deal. I guess that's a plus.

• Posted

Its weird because my condition is lightheadedness without any issue of equilibrium. I can walk and stand perfectly fine but i get this intense dizziness/underwater sensation in my head.
    • Posted

Im gonna try to find a doctor who specializes in vestibular migraines

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.