Anyone with sudden nausea, drenching hot flash

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm in the 4th yr since last period, I'm hypothyroid and have MAV migraine associated vertigo. I'm curious if anyone gets really nauseas before a hot flash and then the nausea lingers for awhile.

I'm also on cipro for uti and wondering if it's not causing their sudden awful nause.

My hot flashes get drenching at times, I mean I wipe my forehead and my hand is soaked, does any one get soaked like that?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi patty, sorry to hear this but if you need reassurance im the same. I also have thyroid problems and terrible migraines - most days I feel horribly sick especially in the mornings. My hot flushes have calmed down a little but the migraines are definatley worse than ever . Horrible for us and hope you feel better soon .
    • Posted

Does your vision go for a while with the migraines?
    • Posted

Yes it does to a degree but not altogether - more like weird spots and wobbly vision - how about you ? Ive had a lot of migraines lately and feel very sick a lot too .
    • Posted

Hi Lou86

I hope your migraines get better.  I have for the most part silent migraines, that where the MAV mirgraine associated vertigo comes in, instead of the headache so much I get awful dizziness that can last for days and weeks.  I do get the upper shoulders aching and neck and head pain when the migraine is getting started then the dizziness kicks in.  I know when my hypothyroid levels are off which they are now, I feel worse.  

• Posted

Oh patty I sympathise it's horrible . Migraines are nasty and so debilitating in so many ways - I get the dizziness and feel so wobbly for days after known as the post dome stage that leaves you totally wiped out and spacey - I also get a numb face with stabbing sensations in my head, it honestly feels like im being stabbed with a sharp knife into my brain that makes me so sick - I know where you're coming from. Since this dreaded menopause they are much much worse, I take Triptans but am going back to the doctor as the effect lessons, I think we become immune to things. What do you take for the pain ? X

• Posted

I don't take any pain meds but my ENT neuro-otologist put me on propranolol becasue the dizzness was everyday 24/7 for the past 16 months and says it not just migraine and my anxiety was off the charts which apparently is part of the MAV as it effects the inner ear system.  The propranolol is helping with all of it.  I guess its a med they use quite a lot for migraines and such.  I stated with 5 mgs for a few days then went to 10 for about 2 weeks then went to 20 in the past week, I take it every night.  You might want to ask about it.  Its also helping the neck and shoulder aches some,  I also take 200mgs twice a day and it helps migraines and relaxes your muscles so that helps the aches also.  

It does suck to have migraines, I know when I'm having a true one because I can't stand any noise and I just want to lay still.  the other thing i do when the neck and head hurt is lay down with a gel ice pack on my neck and it helps.

I hope your doc can help you get rid of these, coz they are awful.

• Posted

I get these kid of flashing zigzags that start at the bottom of the eye

then move round and arrive at the top and that is when the migraine

stars to subside. This impairs my vision quite a lot. No headache at

the time, and lasts 15-20 mins usually, then a moderate headache

after.

• Posted

Thank you yes I will ask about a different medication, the Triptans can make me feel quite strange and give horrid heart thumps - unless id have them anyway, anxiety linked not sure but anyway not nice. Like you I just have to be still and quiet and left completley alone. Ive read lots of people take propranolol with good results so I'll speak to my doctor, not that he's very understanding he just sits and yawns at me, probably sick of the sight of me - well im not too keen on him either !

• Posted

Yes it's hirrid for sure, my migraines last around three or four days before I start feeling better then before I know it im getting another one, going back to doctor - sick of it all.

• Posted

Hi Party, yes all normal from what I can make out. I get nausea a lot too.

Sometimes I pour with sweat particularly on forehead and strangely under

My breasts (?). Sometimes no sweat. Nausea comes and goes. Horrid isn't

It.

• Posted

Hi Jokey

I get the same sweating on my forhead and under the breast, your right its awful, sometime Im just soaked, then there are days where I just get hot for a couple of mins.  I also have night sweats which I hate because they wake me up.  One other thing i've got is, when I have a hot flash I seem to have to go pee, weird but true.

• Posted

Do you get really sore under your breasts Patty? I can hardly wear

My bra. Yes if I get a hot flush in bed at night I usually have to get

up for a wee and then I feel better!!

I am not understanding any of this, baffling😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.