Uneasy faint feeling with IBS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening all,

I'd like to ask for your help on my symptoms which my dr suspects are IBS. Started off as lightheadedness and feeling faint as well as pains in my abdomen with either diahorea or constipation. This has been going on and off for a year, although mainly on, symptoms have hardly subsided.

I can understand the urgent need to go to the loo (really urgent at times) and the pains and diahorea but it's the constant lightheadedness that worries me as not bejng a symptom. Sometimes when I am having a "good" digestive day I'm still lightheaded. To be fair my good digestive day is probably not ideal still.

Please tell me someone else experiences this lightheaded faint feeling all the time?

Thanks

LS

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't get dizzy with my IBS, but it is a symptom albeit a less common one.

• Posted

The symptoms of IBS can also cause anxiety as well and so the bowel gets even more irritated. So it is a vicious cycle.  Apparently it is to do with the brain gut connection.
  • Posted

hi there,

i have exactly the same symptoms except for light headedness and feeling faint. my ibs is always triggered by anxiety and claustrophobia and i start sweating excessively even if its snow falling. for me its excessive sweat and palpitation ,didn't experience light headed faint feeling.

• Posted

This is exactly like me. I have upper abdomen pains. Lightheaded and weakness as well have a anxiety feeling. Docs say it's a functional digestive problem and not serious. Well for me it is serious as it affects my ability to do my job and function normally. Do you also feel hungry all the time?

• Posted

Definitely anixity.
    • Posted

Hi there, even though the symptoms came on one day with a bout of lightheadedness and have progressed into other odd things? My new nurse seems to thjnk anxiety may not be the cause and that this is something physical. Maybe she is wrong but I've never known anxiety to bring on all this strange stuff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.