peri menopause and Cyclo-Progynova 2mg HRT

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies, I've been feeling pretty low and all of a sudden became very anxious. I've noticed a change in myself over the past few years and am convinced it's not all down to anxiety and depression as the Dr says but rather a hormonal imbalance due to the peri menopause, I am 45.

In desperation I asked the Dr to prescribe HRT which she did do as although on sertraline and the mini pill cereals it doesn't seem to be doing the trick at all during certain times in the month.

I'm looking at the research of cyclo-progynova (HRT prescribed) and there appears to be no reviews of this particular brand which is making me more anxious!

I just don't know what to do for the best but don't want to feel like this anymore.

Please can you tell me if you have taken this HRT and if so how are/ did you get on with it? Or can you let me know if HRT helped or hindered you?

Any advice would be much appreciated - feeling lost as to what to do for the best. I've always suffered with terrible PMS and am afraid of the side effects of HRT will start this again. Please help!!! 😳

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm 47  not on HRT but started having aniexty issues about a month or so ago..

• Posted

Hi Jannie, I'm in the same boat and just want my old life bsck. I started HRT 12 days ago and so far no side effects but not much help either. This is the first month so maybe I have to give it more time. I ran out of vit d and multi vits and felt those along with b complex helped some. I'm going back to Maca root which I took befoew all hell broke loose in peri. I can't believe I never heard of peri before I entered it. It should be on the news for God's sake. It's so dam debilitating!

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

i to am taking HRT ( 10 days) and reading some old posts back in 2014

where some ladies were taking Macca Root 5.1 which they got from (amazon).

i need this for Energy just wondering if ur allowed to take it combing it on HRT?

even though ur on HRT are u still going to try?

???.

• Posted

Hi Jannie, I'm in the same boat and just want my old life bsck. I started HRT 12 days ago and so far no side effects but not much help either. This is the first month so maybe I have to give it more time. I ran out of vit d and multi vits and felt those along with b complex helped some. I'm going back to Maca root which I took befoew all hell broke loose in peri. I can't believe I never heard of peri before I entered it. It should be on the news for God's sake. It's so dam debilitating!

• Posted

It certainly is debilitating and there shouId be more talk and information about the peri menopause. I am going to start HRT today after another anxious, and interrupted sweaty nights sleep! I'll keep in touch and let you know how I get on. It's good to talk about it ladies. I hope you all have a good day

• Posted

hi yes its all meno. im afraid and is trully horrible, i too have depression and anxiety along with usual sweats, missed monthlys, mood swings and sore boobs, do you feel worse on waking?     thats a commom thing, like a sense of doom and worry for a while, best thing although hard try and go with it dont fight it but plan nice things and HRT should sort us all out im sure.  debi x
    • Posted

Thanks Debi, nice to hear a bit of positive. It does get better as the day goes on. I'm finding that being outside, walking, gardening and exercise helps. Also started to swim which is relaxing and always feel better afterwards. The hard part is motivating myself when I feel lousy. I feel like I've lost myself some days and it's been about two years now. I felt the change just after turning 40. I'm really hoping these HRT help!! Don't want to be a miserable anxious person and hate it affecting my life.

• Posted

Hi Jannie, just wondering had the HRT helped. If so what type? I'm struggling also with this. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.