Help please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had HS since I was 8 years old and only found out what it actually was 3 years ago. I've received very little assistance from doctors and essentially just have to live with this condition. 

From reading on here I can see that some of you take medications, others eliminate food, etc. Any suggestions of ways to subdue this condition? Any help at all would be appreciated. 

Thanks! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, there are a number of differnt things which cause HS and what works for one person may not work for another. For me I didn't get it until early forties and it always occurred about 3 days prior to my period. I was diagnosed with PCO and prescribed a version of the pill which worked well. However, the PCO bit didn't seem right and subseqently it turned out that it wasn't that but high levels of insuline (prediabetic) which was casuing it. Dealt with the cause ( low/slow carbs/destress/lots of sleep and excercise) and I am now in remission (Stage 1-2). None of this is probably of use to you but if you do some detective work  you can make difference. Hit google and check out what research has found e.g. H.S. and vitamin D, H.S & PCO,H.S and diet, H.S and  Insuline resistance any thing about you that  might be relevant.

I also look after my stomach as  much as possible, my worst occurances followed a month of 24/7 taking Nsaids. I avoid antibiotics and pain killers where possible using curcumin early to hit the niggle before develops. I accept that this not possible for most. Since being kind to my stomach I have found that I can now tolerate  nightshades unlike before.

All the best

• Posted

Hi, good advice from Ingoldsby. I started getting it in my early 30's, and it seemed to start after I gained a lot of weight in a relatively short time. I didn't know what it was, even though I'm a nurse! It was years before I had the diagnosis and by then it had taken hold of my system. I've had various treatments of antibiotics and even at on point a course of steroids. What has worked for me is cutting out dairy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.