The clunk

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I'm 4 weeks post op THR. Has anyone else experienced a clunking in the groin area. Feels really weird.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I did usually on a morning settled down now I'm 12 was post op just sent all my borrowed equipment back didn't realise how low the toilet was lol 

• Posted

Yes, more so in the first few weeks. I still get it a little now at ten weeks, but it is much reduced. It seems more likely to occur later in the day than the morning.
  • Posted

I never experienced the clunk. Not a good thing. What has your dr said about the noise. Sometimes it can sort of pop which is normal. Be careful with all the restrictions for a few more weeks.

heeling blessings sent your way

• Posted

hi sandra, 

I am trying to imagine the clunking in the groing area ... 

Only clunking I experienced was when my PT rotated my hip to check my range of motion ...so clunking was around hip joint ...

when does your clunking occur? is it painful?

please  let us know okay ? 

And how are you doing otherwise?

big warm hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.