Clearance to weight bear😀

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hallelujah! I've been given clearance to weight bear as tolerated. It has been since August 10th since I stepped on my left ankle due to break and ORIF surgery on the 18th. Feels a bit odd,the pressure on the heel. Taking it slow and icing with elevation frequently. A bit of swelling tonight but so much better than the scooter and the leg up.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations! It's been a long time coming... enjoy your new freedom!

• Posted

Congratulations! My first weigh-bearing moment will be this coming Wednesday - first since surgery August 29. I'm pretty nervous. And excited. And relieved. So ready to have two working lower limbs. 

• Posted

Similar timeline also I broke it on August 20th and surgery August 31st I am now able to start weight bearing and will be going to physical therapy next week
  • Posted

Congratulations! I have a similar timeline break on 8/3 and ORIF on 8/15. Long road!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.