TKR 9 months straighten and bending

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am at 9 months post-op and I am -2 extension and about 95 flexion. My OS told me I won't have any more improvements and I could function with it. I don't believe this. I exercise everyday, ice, elevate, etc. I think he needs to help me. Making an appointment to talk to him again. I can't live this way. Anyone have this too?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna,

Is it too late for you to have a manipulation? I am at 105 flexion and couldn't possibly function this way. I am 10 weeks post-op so I'm going to ask for a manipulation. So tired of not being able to move around that great. Let us know what he says at your apt.!

• Posted

He mentioned manipulation and a revision. He was afraid of breaking my leg and said he used the smallest disk they make on my replacement. Anyway, he needs to help me. That's why I went to him.

• Posted

I saw a different ortho today and I am having a revision. He was very positive and he said he could definitely help me. I am hopeful this will work.
  • Posted

You need a second opinion.  I've had two TKR and am 23 wks. The first and 5 wks. Post on the 2nd.  My flex ion is 125 extension 0, and 120 and extension -6 on the second.  Please talk to someone else.  I still have a month and a half of therapy left at this time and lots of work ahead, I know.  Keep us posted on how you're doing.

• Posted

Thank you sharron82840. I will call another OS. Will keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.