Sjogrens and osteoporosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have Sjogrens and was just diagnosed with osteoporosis in my spine. Dr said because I have Sjogrens have to be careful of drugs that cause problems in the esophagus. She recommended prolea. Two injections a treat. I know not much about this issue. Does anyone have anything they can share with me? Thank you, kristyk

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Were you on steroid treatment? Think they can cause osteoperosis. The drug you refer to I don't know of. Sure someone on here will.

• Posted

Hi I am having problems with my computer right now. Thank you for your response. I took prednisone for a flare I had 10 yrs. ago for LP. I took maybe 6-7 times and for 7-10 days. Those were for various problems over the years. Other than that no. Thank you again

kristyk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.