Does anyone have full RELIEF from anxiety with medication?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was just wondering whether there is anyone on this forum who has found a successful medication which alleviates all symptoms of anxiety?  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello AnxietyGirl,

I had Anxiety and severe depression. Since February 2016 I have found prolonged release capsules, hard venlafaxine 75mg has kept me free of anxiety and depression except for a couple short term drops in mood because of specific stresses.

I hope this information helps. With my best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you George..! Im on day eight of medication and hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel :-)
    • Posted

Im taking fluvoxamine 50mg. So far the only side effects ive encountered is nervousness but ive been told by my dr that this will subside once the meds kick in :-) so far so good. Day nine :-)
  • Posted

There are medications I take that help my mental Health and disability. We are not GPs so we do not know the cause of your concerns. I can tell  you the list of medications  I have taken over the years the problem is the causes  of your condition and other drugs you may take for any chronic conditions  you may have.

For example I take Opiates for chronic pain, also NSIDs for inflamation of my Arthritis. For associated Depression I take Citalopram, the problem I have is I take a further AD to regulate nerve damage caused by infected tendon shieves and jointss, also I take my Statins etc and also something for my waterworks.

The reason I tell you this is all of above medications work in unison and cause intractions and contraindications, so mdications may need to be matched to prevent any nasty conditions that can be caused by the above cocktale. My drug taking took  over two years to balance and the Opiates were really problematic.

We are all different, All I can say Citalopram works for me, it may be a no no on the next thread. If it does not work other medication will need to be tried

Good Luck, talk to your GP, let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

Hey there! Thanks for ur response. I was simply more or less just hoping there was the possibility out there that medication can actually bandaid cure our anxiety issues for good :-) i am on day 8 of my new medication and just want assurance i guess that people have had full success in fixing anxiety symptoms with medication.
    • Posted

Anxiety

We are all different, some people will recover completly will others may suffer a reoccurence.

Some people will take the drug for the rest of their lives. There are no hard and fast situations here.

Personally I would love to know if th drug I was on would make my mental health better. Like I told you a name of a drug and could say give it six months and you will be well from that condition for life. Sad Mental illnesss does not work that way.

Remember it is the Patient that makes situations change and move on Tablets just add a depleted Seratonan to your brain or gives you respite to possibly make changes

BOB

• Posted

I think as long as you don't totally rely on medication it can certainly work. People do think that medication will totally take away anxiety on its own but it's not the case. There needs to be some work on your end too, make sure you work on the route causes, practice breathing/mindfulness, keep yourself busy etc.

• Posted

It would only be temprary if this was ever accomplished. Somehow, sometimes this disorder dissapears too. I have no explanation but it has for at times. Thats without medication too. These oills are to manage things, they are not cures. The cure i guess is within you. Keeping busy, not feeding into the fear and really find self calming tools that work for you seem to be a good mix with therapy and if needed a pill.

you have to stop believing that there is some miracle drug, or quick fix for all this. There isnt. Not yet anyway.

• Posted

Anxiety

nee

When we have Anxiety and Depression the medication we need to take is secondary to the parts of our lives that may need to be addressd and srted.

When you meet your CPN they recommend coping skills and encourage us to address any problems we may have.

In my case it was how I needed to address a Chronic Medical condition, in your case it can be something very difficult.

Coping skills can include Relaxation Techniques, and breathing exersises. Other things they may help with are to begin dealing with one concern at a time and addressing those concerns you may have by isolating each parcel of your worries, sadness and day to day activities. You do this by addressing a full problem in little bits, and when stuck look at anothr base problem you may have, eventually these large problems are chipped away and your concerns are reduced. So the mental health problem is not just addressed by medication also changes in ways you control lifes problems and your concerns

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.