crp levels

Posted , 3 users are following.

over the past 6 wks i have had numerous infections and had 3 lots of antibiotics my crp level was very high 6 wk ago it was 200! my doctor took my levels again last wk which are now 38 is there anything i can do to get them into normal range? thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello I had a raised crp level of 21 so not as high as you but was told by my doctor should be aboput 5. Have you had raised esr tests aswell? 
    • Posted

ESR is LIKE CRP I think they both indicate inflammation.

ESR: sedimentation rate, Westergren ESR. [edit on Wikidata] The erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) is the rate at which red blood cells sediment in a period of one hour. It is a common hematology test, and is a non-specific measure of inflammation.

C-reactive protein (CRP) is a marker of inflammation in the body. Therefore, its level in the blood increases if there is any inflammation in the body.

My doctor said they both show signs of inflammation. My esr should of been below 19 i think it was and crp should of been 5. I too have been told i have had infections and in the last 3 months I think i have been on 4 courses of anti-biotics.

• Posted

I keep getiting told its too do with my sinuses a too why they are raised as I get head pressure nose pressure and nasal discharge but I am starting too think otherwise.
    • Posted

realy its my sinuses that have been bothering me then i got a chest infection, but still have sinus problems it wont go my doc never mentioned that it could be that just gave me a nasal spray to use for minimum 3 months! i had head pressure but at the back of my head and dizziness, nasal congestion blocked ears and talk as tho im full of cold (nasaly) eek

• Posted

Exactly the same as me. reading what you just wrote I thought I had wrote it lol . But with me was had chest infection then the sinus probllems came on. But exactly what you just wrote is what I exeprience daily some days worse than others. I get a pure white sort of nose discharge (sorry too be disgusting) lol but I too got head pressure mainly at back and get some nose pressure known again. I too was given a nose spray but it made me feel terrible for some reason, so I started using a netti pot and drained my sinuses worked for a while. I was then perscribed doxycycline anti-biotics and after taking them felt brilliant & its slowly coming back now sad 

• Posted

Hi Denise, your very high CRP levels were undoubedly due to your "numerous infections" as high C-reactive protein levels indicates your boddy has inflammation due to infection or something like arthritis. To "get them into normal range" you need to have all of your infections treated and give your body some time to recover, that's all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.