Help :-(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feeling poo, have been on 20mg for 18months and with the guidance of my GP I've reduced down to 10mg daily with the few of stopping. I was feeling very positive at the thought of stopping and felt on a really good place at first but the past few weeks I've been feeling anxious, angry, scared and numb! I have a teenager who is caused a lot of upset and heartache this last month more so than ever and I feel totally detached from him and having arguments with my hubby all of the time again. My head is saying stay strong but my heart is not coping and feeling really down. Sorry for ranting I've never used a forum like this but just needed an outlet! I think I may need to increase my dose again but that makes me feel like a failure and that I will be back the square one! I've been in bed since yesterday and don't want to face the world which is not good when I have just started my own business and that in itself is scary! Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gina.. im also on citalopram 20mg..you arent a failure. anything but!! its great to rant. i am here for you. let me help you. Claire.xx
  • Posted

Don't feel like a failure.  I've been on Cita 10mg 17 days and just now feeling a bit better. However, when stress sets in, I feel it in my neck and get a headache. I hope to be attending a support group in my area - the group is not geared toward depression per se, but, having worked from my home for 6 years now, the lack of human interaction has gotten to me. Thank goodnessn for my dogs! Maybe you can find a similar group in your area. Some things that have helped me cope: yoga, exercising, essential oil (lavender and peppermint). Teens can be a big challenge. Does your child know what you're going through? If not, maybe you could get together over a meal outside the home, and, straight out, ask for help from him/her. Both of you are probably feeling very much the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.