Fibromyalgia & Turmeric

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with Turmeric when treating Fibromayalgia?

I don't need to know brand names because the post won't be allowed. Just in it's natural form if it helped you at all and if came with any baggage.

Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I take it. Helps with the inflammation some but I think the combination of diet and supplements I take help as a whole. What are you trying to relieve? Different supplements help with different symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi Kiki - basically I'm trying to increase the muscle soreness in the upper and lower back and legs along with possibly lessening the tinnitus. Also increase circulation. I have venous deficiency in my legs and lymphedema. Trying to get a better feeling all the way around.

Based on what I read about turmeric, it can actually increase tinnitus or cause an onset. I would be happy if it lessened the noise in my ears and gave me some muscle pain relief. 

Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Hi Glenn. It depends on what medication you are taking and you will have to talk to your doctors, as I am not one. Just couldn't take prescription meds and researched supplements that have helped myself and others on this site.

Tumeric: 400-600 MG 3x a day or as bottle indicates. Make sure it has 95% curcuminoids in it and it won't be well absorbed unless it has peperine extract in it. Takes about 8 weeks for full benefits to take place. Extended use can cause stomach issues, gallstones, or bile duct dysfunction. It can also interact with nasids. However, it does decrease blood clotting and that may work to your benefit

• Posted

Thank you, Kiki for your advice.

I guess my number one concern with turmeric would be my GERD. I also have Barrett's Esophagus and it appears turmeric could raise digestion issues. 

Oh well - never hurts to try and find new things to help old problems.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Due to your leg situation. As for pain and other symptoms related to fibro, these supplements have worked better for myself and others on this site. Magnesium, Sam e, 5htp, malic acid, vitamin d, B complex, CoQ10, Omega 3, ribose, Nadh, dhea, acetyl carritine, melatonin, and milk thistle.the trick is to find what works for you and the right combination to lesson your particular symptoms. I have not found anything as far as assisting with the ringing in the ears. These mostly help with pain management, energy boost, restful sleep, and memory. If you need more info I'm glad to help. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Thank you again! I appreciate all this information.
  • Posted

I heard that it works great for it yet I haven't tried it yet curious myself

• Posted

Not tried it myelf but have heard conflicting views on this.  I suppose its a case of whatever works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.