Tight pressure

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have post viral fatigue and have a new symptom when I woke up this morning had real prob with getting out of bed had an still have a very tight pressure it's like being squeezed it's making me even more breathless goes right round body from bottom of bra line to just above waist the area feels really tight and stiff anyone else get this please

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not exactly, but it reminds me very much of when I had a problem with my gallbladder which turned out to be gall stones.  They had to remove the gallbladder.  There were many times where the area you are talking about felt hard and stiff.  Something to think about.
    • Posted

Hopefully it's not I had a liver scan only 3 months ago and it was fine so I would have thought if I had gall stones or problem with gallbladder it would have shown something up well hope so thankyou xx

• Posted

It could be to do with your pancreas.
    • Posted

Oh right as I'm walking about it's easing a bit although still breathless the area although still tight is easing a little not so stiff I suppose it's something I need to keep an eye on if it continues thanks xx

• Posted

If it's your pancreas it can be extremely painful and dangerous so you definately need to keep an eye on it and see the doctor if you're getting too concerned. Better to catch it early.

Hopefully it won't be your pancreas though! 

• Posted

Yes I get this. It's been one of my worst symptoms ever since I became ill. I feel a massive chest pressure and it's almost like breathing takes too much energy. I have called an ambulance in the past and had x-ray ECG and blood tests all normal. I think it's just part of the debilitating fatigue, another symptom I don't understand and can't explain. But I hope it helps to know I too get this and 4 years later I'm not dead yet x

• Posted

Yessss that's exactly how it feels and it does help that someone else is experiencing this although obviously I'd love us all to get better real soon does it happen on a regular basis I felt it as woke up when lying in bed it's like your body feels as if it's a board all stiff an hard pressure but only in that area 

• Posted

I feel it daily, when my condition is bad or I've had some kind of crash. When I start to feel better and symptoms subside, it is one of the first to go. Equally, if I have done too much, it is one of the first to appear!

I especially notice it at night time and when I wake up in the morning, my body feels heavy and it's so uncomfortable I have to sleep on my front hugging the pillow, but that may just be because I'm 'scanning' my body for problems. My CBT therapist taught me not to over analyse every little feeling in my body, because with the million and one unexplained symptoms that come with this condition it turned me into quite the hypercondriact! Certainly when I don't focus on it, it doesn't bother me as much. X

• Posted

I can soooo relate tofeeling like I cannot being able to get enough oxygen.  I try not to concentrate on this symptom, but it is a real problem for me.

• Posted

I ordered a sports compression top and bottom because they're claimed to help oxygen to circulate.

• Posted

Oh and I use a big Dehumidifier because with less moisture in the air there's more oxygen to breath. It makes me feel a bit clearer headed and I notice the difference when I forget to empty it and it's turned off for too long.

• Posted

Exactly like me I've been breathless continely from day one but only from today the squeezing feeling tight round my body 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.