Please tell me how to make this better!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm reaching out to try and get some hope back that my condition will get better. My doctor suspects vestibular migraines. I have been lightheaded for over a year now, like I could pass out, don't get me wrong I have had times in there where this has eased up and in general I'm getting on with life. However there is always an underlying tone of feeling crap and lately it's been so bad!

Aren't vestibular migraines spinning sensation, as I don't have this I'm sceptical on his pending diagnosis. I feel bloody awful!

Has anybody else had not dizziness but lightheadedness as their symptom?

Thanks guys

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello let me start off by telling you I'm so sorry your feeling like that..quick questions what are your daily activities like I'm only asking you then I can pin point on what's offsetting your vertigo??

• Posted

Well I work in an office but do move round a bit, my physical activity has nearly halted apart from swimming because i can't seem to get myself feeling well enough to do anything. Other than that I lead a pretty boring normal life, I drive, eat and drink, not alcohol really, I don't smoke, I am overweight, drink plenty of water, have had my eyes tested. Isn't vertigo a spinning sensation though? Mine us lightheaded like I'm going to pass out, I've never once had the spinning. I do sometimes have the unbalanced feeling where the floor feels far away and like it bounces a bit I guess I'm just struggling to come to terms with something that doesn't have a visible testable symptom and that may never go away

• Posted

OK I got you do you drink a lot of caffeine or eat a lot of chocolate? Stay away from those things they offsets vertigo.Vertigo comes in many forms vomiting nausea diarrhea headaches spinning sensations shifting of the eyes even shoulder twitching I've seen 11 doctors within the last two years and read thousands of books and did exercises I had refused to just sit back now I have lesser episodes and live my life.. I just try to share my experience with people whos going through it and have questions on what to do in your case being overweight may play a part but rarely it has something to do with your inner ear and diet comes into play when your trying to keep it in control what medications or exercise have you been doing and taking?

• Posted

I'm off caffeine now and no better. I feel like I wanna run to the hospital all day every day. I'm terrifed it's my heart or something but seeing as I've had it a year do you think not. I just can't accept this feeling

• Posted

OK great!! That's the first step no sodas coffee tea little sugar no chocolate drink plenty of water even water with electrolytes are a plus get some meclizine 25 mg from over the counter you can take 1 tablet by mouth 3 times a day this should help you after you take that I would love to give you some exercise routines to help you

• Posted

Hi.. I don't always get dizziness it varies can be light headed, a floaty feeling, sometimes my head can feel heavy like it may flip to one side. I get vestibular migraines that was my diagnosis. The latest tablets I got given were cinnarizine seem to be ok on these doesn't cure but eases and helps massively. Hope this helps a little

• Posted

Ok thank you, I've also tried that and it didn't seem to do a thing. Maybe I should try it again in this attack and see. If these don't work do you think I am perhaps looking at a wrong diagnosis?

• Posted

You neither mention vertigo nor migraine/headaces.  You do not have vestibular migraine.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I don't get headaches out of the norm. I don't get spinning sensations just lightheaded and sometimes unstable floor with constant tinnitus and occasional horrific earache with no cause. I have had a brain with IAMS mri. Can you offer up any further advice as to what this could be if the diagnosis of vestibular migraines is not right?

• Posted

Have the doctor(s) commented on the earache?  Clearly, earache is not a symptom of vestibular migraine.  I am concerned about the earache.  Has someone looked inside your ear?

• Posted

Something I have looked at and that I have symptoms of is peripheral neuropathy. I wonder if this is causing my lightheadedness and pain because I have a huge 16cm fibroid, perhaps it's more likely this is pushing on something. Haven't mentioned before as drs are convinced this wouldn't happen?

• Posted

Sorry, where exactly is the fibroid located?

• Posted

Hi, it's on the outside, in and through my womb. It's large and is distorting my womb up above my belly button and is very close to my spine

• Posted

Any sensory symptoms due to the fibroid would be from that spinal cord level and down.  It will not cause lightheadindess or earache.  However, it might cause the imbalance involving the legs if it is affecting the spinal cord significantly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.