Skipped heartbeats? So scared!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,im new to this forum,came across it and hoping someone can help me.

Ive suffered with panic and anxiety attacks on and of for about 8 years now,but ive kept it under control until now.

For the past 2 months i keep getting this horrible heart sensation where it feels like my heart as got an unusual beat,like its skipping beats,these tend to happen more at night but also are happening in the day now aswel,they can suddenly just come on which then makes me think ive got something wrong with my heart which makes me panic more then,sometimes i only get a few hrs sleep over it coz im worrying what the hell is happening to me,ive had an ecg done which came out fine but i wasnr having the skipped heartbeats at the time it was took so i still dont feel reasured,i actually dread going to bed now,please can someone help me or give me any idea of whats happening to me,ifeel like im going crazy!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Karen anxiety can give you all kinds of symptoms. Go back to your Dr or call and see if you can get a echocardiogram. This is like a Sonogram of your heart. I just had this done! It does not take long and it can be very reassuring. But really if your ekg was normal, I doubt wry much that you have a problem with your heart. Just read other people's post on here and you will see , we can have every symptom in the book! The mind is very powerful and it believes what you tell it. You have to be active in your own care. Educate yourself on this disorder. This place is a good start! So many of us!! ((Hugs)) your not alone!

• Posted

Karen

This sounds like stress and anxiety, depending how long it has ben since your test you need to trust those who have taken the tests. 

Whatever we say to you here you will want a repeat of the test and I would consider you talk to your Doctor again.

If you are anticipating a problem you will feel that problem you seek and you are in a negative situation where you will believe you have a serious problem.

It is difficult to square a circle here. 

Relaxation Techniques and Breathing techniques should help you. Talk to your GP and ask for Relaxation Tapes for you to follow.

Get well soon

BOB

• Posted

OMG....everything you said is everything ive been going through last 2 months its Anxiety its all in mind 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.