Pain in left butt cheek some advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up this morning with a feeling in my left butt cheek as if someone had kicked it really hard kind of like a dead arm feeling. Anyway i havent done anything to it for it to be like this. Also this morning when laying down i had cramp like feeling down my left leg. Any advice would be great im quite worried as its been constant all day

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I suspect the butt thing is from your piriformis muscle. It is

located deep in your butt cheek. It's common for men to get it

from keeping their wallet in their back pocket. But I'm a woman and I had it and it got resolved easily with a trigger point

injection. I don't know about your leg, although it could be

radiating pain from the piriformis muscle.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte2707

It sounds as if your developing sciatica. This can get very painful and travel from your buttock down through your leg. You probably will need physio to get some relief. Go see your doc and ask for referral to physio department. In the meantime I would think doc will prescribe painkillers......best wishes.....

• Posted

Charlotte,

I have problems with Sciatica, and it kinda feels like that but not too long ago I found out that deep in your buttocks you have what is called your Pudendal Nerve and the pain from it is horrible also so both of those could be good candidates for what is causing your pain. I wish you luck in finding out for sure. The Pudendal Nerve is really deep in your buttocks though and that makes me lean more towards that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.