Trouble with Abilify side effects..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I take Abilify 10 mg for Bipolar Disorder..well I've only been on Abilify for about a week and I can't stand the all over tired feeling I have sad Heck I can't even go to work without thinking of how much I'd rather be sleeping,I just feel exhausted 24/7 and this isn't how I want to live my life..I want to live life without feeling tired constantly. I need advice..I really want to stop taking the Abilify but I don't know if this excessive tiredness and fatigue is just a temporary side effect. Anybody else had experience taking Abilify? Any kind words are greatly appreciated..

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Queen

Could be a temporary problem give the drug a few more weeks, upwards to four.

See how it goes

BOB

• Posted

Hi, I found that I was like that at the start. It passes. I am on abilify 10mg too, and have been for 9 months. I have no tiredness on them now and I work too. Give it time x
  • Posted

I feel your pain im on a med change at the moment and I feel like a zombie as soon as i wake up right up to 13.00. I applied for a new job which was offered to me...but there is no way I can except it right now. My quetiapine 25mg have taken over my body.

I'm going to give it another 3 weeks if im still the same it's back to the drawing board. Queen I think you should stick it out. How your managing work is beyond me...Well done you deserve a medal.

Jacqui x

• Posted

i was just going to echo the statements of others here. like with most of these drugs, the side effects do seem to dissapate in a month or so.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.