Chest pain when exerting effort

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband woke up this afternoon with a chest pain that won't go away unless he stays still. It intensifies when he exerts effort and also intensifies when he breathes deeply. He said he can hear/feel his heart beating. What could this be? It's been 3 hours since the onset.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suppose if he had pulled muscles it could be a possibility, but, if he was my hubby I might be inclined to ring 111, how old is he and any other health conditions, chest pain can be nothing or it could be something not good, but as we can't see him we cannot second guess.

Let us know how he is virtual hugs as your probably worried sick

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo thanks!

He's playing offline games on his phone now. He's lying down on his tummy because he said it's painful when lying down on his back. He also said that he feels the water running down his body's when drinking water. He does not have any other ailments. Last June had an ECG as part of a general checkup and his results were fine. I have a panic disorder so yes I'm really very worried. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight. He's 27 years old.

• Posted

Has he done any heavy lifting yesterday or something similar, gym maybe or gardening.

I would think if it was a heart attack it would possibly be more pronounced, but I can't see him, is he in pain now when laying on tummy.

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo,

He said no pain if he stays still lying down on his back. But there's definitely a pain when trying to move especially when movement is drawing or putting force on the chest area. WE have a 9 month old who's been weighing more than 10kilos since 4mos old. We wake up 3 times a night to feed him and since my baby is bottlefed, his daddy does the rocking. He sits for about 10-20 mins each time. He said every time gen tries picking up or putting down baby bacl to bed, this is the same feeling. But normally it goes away, he said this is the first time the pain lingered and is a little more intense.

• Posted

Is he happy not to go walk-in centre somewhere, is he at work tomoz, has he taken any pain relief, not sure what to say, does it hurt to press on the area where pain hits
    • Posted

Yes he will be at work tomorrow. Yes he said there's pain when he presses it. No he doesn't want himself checked. Very hard headed. It's 12:43 my time I've only had an hour of sleep and I think I'm not sleeping until he wakes up to see if the pain is still there, if it is im asking my dad to drive us to the ER. He's only had mefenamic acid. I don't think it helped.

• Posted

Your not in UK I'm thinking, if he want go then you can't make him, the fact it hurts to press indicates it could possibly be muscular but keep an eye on him but definitely don't stay awake, you need your sleep especially with a baby to look after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.