menieres and the flu jab

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i havent had a menieres attack for about 2 years up until i had my flu jab about three weeks ago, i have had 4 since then. Has anyone else had this or know uf this can happen from having the vaccination.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra I have the flu vaccine every year and have never known it to trigger an attack. Maybe coincedence? As we all know the attacks can happen at any time. For me I went 4 years without an attack then had a particularly stressful situation happen that I believe triggered it again. Fortunately it seems to have calmed down again now. Hope you feel better soon. x
  • Posted

I have had Meniere's for many years, have had flu shots for about 7 years and have not had vertigo attacks in response to them.  But, each of us is different so there is no way of knowing for sure.  I'm sorry this has happened to you and I hope you feel much better soon.  Take good care of yourself.

• Posted

Some flu vaccines contain the following.-Phenoxyethanol is an anti-bacterial agent being used as a replacement for the preservative Thimerosal (mercury). It’s considered a very toxic material that could cause a boatload of side effects, including behavioral disorders … vomiting … diarrhea … visual disturbances … convulsions … rapid heart rate … central nervous system disorders … depression … kidney, liver and blood disorders … and reproductive defects.
  • Posted

Hi Sandra, like you I was clear for nearly a couple of years, then out of the blue it started again, all this time I continued taking betahistine, then I read on this forum that cinnazine was more effective, so I went to my GP and got the cinnazine, it actually says on the box its for MD, fingers crossed etc, its kept it at bay so far, have you tried these?
  • Posted

Vaccinations like the flu jab have been known to make you unwell after. Not everyone of course.  Usually the strains they give you are from flu viruses from previous years. The vaccine contain mercury which is harmful to the body despite what they say. To heal yourself take Vitamin d 5,000 iu drink honey lemon and ginger take ginkgo supplements. Cut down on process foods and drink plenty of water. 
  • Posted

David 4242 is so right ... keep away from vaccination curse of the drug companies
  • Posted

Hi Sandra. I don't usually get the flu shot but I have the herpes virus and when I start getting a little sick, I get a breakout of fever blisters and I get vertigo sensations and symptoms. I don't think doctors know much about Menier's. Many years ago when I had a full blown attack of vertigo, I read many research findings and one that said there is connection between the herpes virus and BPPV and any inner ear nerve related conditions. Do some research and don't get the flu shot anymore. I'm sorry you're having problems. Lots of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.