Urolift recovery and issues with bleeding

Posted , 6 users are following.

My father, 95 yr old retired AF Major, had the Urolift procedure done Oct. 21st. 2 days ago. He is still in the hospital. Had so me clotting in bladder. They hooked him up to a 3 way catheter and he got the super pubic tube in surgery. Dr. Zamip Patel. Orlando. I am hoping he comes home soon. How is the recovery process? I am worried about infecting and or clots.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't you much about urolift. Please extend my heartfelt thanks to your Dad for his service. At 95 was he  in the AF during WWII?

• Posted

Nanny Duncan, I had the Urolift done at the University of Illinois a few weeks go, October 10. The cath was removed a few days ago and I am able to eliminate sporadically. A few weeks before the procedure I developed an infection right after the cath was changed so the procedure had to be postponed until the 10th. I had been wearing a cath for 3 months before I developed and infection. I am not familiar with the cath your father has but there is always an increased risk of infection when wearing one. Post procedure I have no pain, no infection and a good feeling that the Urolift is working for me albeit a work in progress. At 95 years of age and a decorated veteran, your father should do very well with the Urolift. Best wishes!

• Posted

Had my urolift 15 months ago.  Six of them dealies put in.  The thingie that puts them in is a single shot rig so however many dealies your dad had put in they had to go up the ureatha each time, come out and reload.  That causes a lot of bleeding in the ureatha.  Should stop bleeing in a couple days...think mine was three days.  Lots of p*ssing and blood for the first two days.  No catheter for me...I'm 72, 70 then.  Took about a year to get to only being up a couple times a night.  Now have gotten six and eight hours sleep at night.  Just gradually gets better.

• Posted

It's been 2 weeks after my Urolift and it gets easier to eliminate with each passing day. I also had 6 clamps put in but I left the procedure with a catheter which was removed 10 days later. I am 62. There was some stinging and red tinted urine the first day and night but the following day they were gone. I had to get up almost every hour the firest night but now I'm getting up every 3- 4 hrs and eliminating around 1000 MLS during an 8 hr span.

• Posted

Wow,How is the 95 year old after the Uro lift? I'm 87 and thinking about having this done also?The info that you that you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi, How is the 95 year old doing after theUro Lift ? I'm 87 and thinking about havin it done also> I hear all good things about this Uro.Dr Patel. I hear he has done a lot of Uro Lift. I would very much appreciate any info on this.

thanks,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.