Success

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all re recent tkr 4 wks 4 days post op , had Physio session on fri horrified that I hadn't got straight leg ( big difference between there couch and my bed 🙈🙈wink

Gave me some stick made me shake but told me 2 concentrate on extension which I have and 2 day been on my exercise bike 20 mins and can now walk without a limp

Best day of my life , there Is light at the end of the tunnel

Having a drink to celebrate ( try not 2 fall over )

Keep focused everyone

Very happy Rob 😀😀😀

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Well done you Rob.

Keep up the good work.

I am 10 month post op now and never looked back. I love my new knee.

All the hard work really does pay off.

Onwards and upwards

Take care

Kimmy

• Posted

Hope I feel like that in 10mths right now I'm 4wks post op and wish I'd never had it done . Bit of a down day. glad your happy with your outcome .

• Posted

Well done I'm nearly 4wks TKR still feel like I have a band round my knee but have full straight leg. I feel like I've got growing pains today in my op leg. I'll have a go on my exercise pedal machine . Keep up good wrk xx

• Posted

Hi Wendy

I still have different sensations I think it's the nerves growing back, everyday something new

Keep going 😀😀😀

Rob

• Posted

Hi Wendy

Sorry your struggling I posted that yesterday 😀😀

Today is a different 1 rubbish nights sleep ,

Going 2 see my old Physio later 🙈🙈💃🏼💃🏼🐌

Hang on in there 😀😀😀

Rob xx

• Posted

One quick exercise that helped me more than anything. Lay flat on bed with head elevated. Place a rolled towel under your ankle so the foot is 3 to 4 inches off the bed. Now slowly tighten all the muscles in the leg forcing the knee toward the bed. Hold to count of 10, release, relax and repeat 5 times. Gradually build counts to reach 15 and 10 respectively.

Another....lay face down with both legs hanging off from the waist down. Slowly relax and let the legs hang to count of 5 increase to ten and repeat 5 times increasing to 10

• Posted

Great to hear Robert! Our PT makes my hubby put his foot on the coffee table then we add some ankle weights, those wrap kind and carefully lay them on his knee equaling 5 pounds. That has helped to straighten his leg. 
  • Posted

Good for you! I am 6 wks post revision, I have complete ROM but still limp at times, but I too will succeed!
    • Posted

I am going to have TK Revision in November 2. How has your recovery been compared to your TK Replacement? My TKR is due to Loose ligaments. Now because of favoring my knee replacement leg I have a Baker's cyst on my good knee which is causing much pain. What a bummer!

• Posted

The biggest difference for me is the type of prosthesis he had to use. I had no viable tendons, muscles etc. from a injury so he had to use a hinged joint that goes a few inches into the femur and tibia. I had shin and thigh pain but nothing horrible. My gait is different but I'm adjusting now. So it depends on the prostheses. The recovery is a bit longer but whatever type you have the key for me has been get it moving! Day 3 post op I started working on sliding my foot towards my bottom in the hospital bed. I have full ROM at 6 weeks out. Good luck!!

• Posted

Keep up the good work . I had mine replaced 18 and 16 years ago , did lots of physio afterwards , but did not overdo it . I have had no problems and both knees are still going strong . Remember it is major surgery and will take time to fully recover . (Enjoy your drink , I will have one to celebrate for you ) 
  • Posted

Well done Rob,   make a note of your success - to look back on.

I`m not on the bike yet but still working towards it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.