Dose increase side effects help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone i been on 25 mg sertraline for 6 months was doing really good then maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago i felt my anxiety creep back on me so my doctor said to give 50 mg a try. So i been on 50 mg goin on almost 2 weeks and in the first week i was dizzy tired and increase anxiety very panicky. Then i felt really good i was happy no anxiety. But the past 3 days i feel anxiety creeping its ugly head again and its manageable tho also i feel cold or hot on the back of my neck and scalp.

MY question is this normal to feel all these side effects again with a upped dose?? Or is the sertraline not working please share if you went thru this thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yes this is very normal with an increase in dose it will pass  
    • Posted

should have said I have had the same I'm currently on 200mg myself 

• Posted

Hi Sean. Sorry to hear you are not doing too great. I'm kind if the same as you. I started on 25 for about 2 weeks then 50 for about 6 weeks now I'm on 75. I. Still struggling but much better than before sertaline. It's strange as I know it's doing something but can't figure out what... I know sounds silly.

I'm due back to my docs tomorrow and am expecting her to say increase to 100. I have found that the last 4 weeks on 75 has been a bit rocky. When I was on 50 I was having more good days than what I am now.

Good luck and I think we just have to be patient

• Posted

I've been on 50mg Sertraline on the off for nearly Three minths, although it has kept Anxiety at bay I've noticed I get tired quickly once I start to relax. Also, my focus or concentration has gone a little off track, but nothing major. I'm sure your symptoms will pass Sean, drink lots of Water as that helps too 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.