8 weeks post hysterectomy, still bloated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I had a vaginal hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I've constantly been battling terrible bloating. I watch my diet, drink, walk... The only good moment is in the morning when my stomach feels normal. After 10 am it begins to grow, push. How long is this still going to last? I never had such problems pre op. Bowel movements are normal.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have the same thing with a full abdominal hysterectomy June 10 I'm still dealing with the swelly belly would love to know how long this will last also my evening are horrible

• Posted

hi fletzerke , i had a abdonaml hysterectamy im going in my 7week and im having the same feeling , my tummie feels bloated after i get up and still hurt inside .im not sure eaither ,
  • Posted

The thing is I'm not sure it is a swelly belly due to healing. It might be trapped gas? But really I'm doing everything possible diet-wise and never had this before. I'm supposed to be back at work in 2 weeks but I cannot sit with that balloon... What's a girl to do😥

• Posted

Hello!

I had my op 2 1/2 years ago now. I remember the bloating and wind pains were the worse. I also remember the pulling and dragging around my scar, however I did find wearing my swimming costume gave me great relief, maybe it might work for you.

On a positive note, I have not felt better since the op, my energy levels have risen, I'm happier knowing I don't have to go through horrendous periods each month.

I wish you a speedy recovery, and all the happiness for the future.

Ange

• Posted

So there is hope for us then:-)

Do you happen to remember how long you were bothered by bloating?

Thanks again for your encouragement!

• Posted

hello did you have your ovaries removed, only ive had the lot gone, and still not gone on hrt, have you and if so how have you been
    • Posted

im in my 7week ofter op , im having sweats not sleeping good and doc as given me sleeping pills to take every now and then
  • Posted

Hi Fletzeke I had my Hysterectomy 7 weeks ago I also had some bloating and feeling heavy in the bottom of my tummy but I'm feeling better but I do have to say my bowel movements aren't the same at all I was pretty regular but I'm not now..

• Posted

Same here. The bowel movements are different. I hope all of it will settle in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.