Still waiting on surgery.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am still waiting on emergency surgery (NHS) to remove large mass from left ovary. Told would be done with in 3/6 weeks. 4 weeks and have heard nothing. Spoke to my gyno secretary and I am number 20 on the emergency list! Does anyone no how many they do a week? Did anyone else find that the pain in their lower back just gets worse and worse each day? Also the bloating my waist has gone from a size 29 inch to 39 inches. I have never been told what the mass is my gyno said we would no more when he removes it. It was 12x10 at my last scan.

Random questiond but getting so fed up waiting,

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

You poor kid! What the hxxl are they playing at? Can you go back to your GP and get him to put a rocket under them?

I have the opposite problem. I went to see a surgeon a week last Thursday. I thought I was seeing someone about my shoulder - been waiting months for that. Instead it was a referal from a dermatologist about a mole on my back. I've had it all my life and it has never bothered me. He took one look at it and said it needed to come off. The next day I got a call asking me to go for surgery the following Thursday. When I said I couldn't I was told it needed doing ASAP and I must come in this Thursday - do you want to swap? I wish it was that easy.

BTW I'm not being bullied. Hope YOU hear something VERY soon!

• Posted

You poor thing! I was diagnosed with cyst in June. GP admin messed up and I eventually saw consultant on 19th sept and 26th sept. Now signed up or surgery but it looks like January. Mine is considered non urgent. Is this the result if junior doctors strike? My husband tried to get a GP appointment today and was told mid November at earliest. All a bit rubbish. The NHS is in a really bad way. I am contacting surgeon secretary every second week and asking if f there are any cancellations. Hopefully they will get fed up with me and give me a date. All the very best to you. Hope all goes well
    • Posted

Good idea think I will do the same with the secretary.
    • Posted

Well persistence pays off. I have emailed the secretary about three times asking for cancellations (approx once per fortnight) and today I have an email saying that there is a cancellation for 6th December and do I want it. YES. It means that xmas will be different but I can spend winter recuperating and be ready to party in the spring. I am also hoping to be lighter and slimmer. Track suit trousers are the most comfortable to wear but certainly not a fashion statement. Keep trying. 
    • Posted

Thanks.will definitely be trying this . I hand been wearing leggings!! Not flattering at all and even they feel tight at minute😬. Good luck for the 6th

• Posted

Have you still not had your surgery? If not, would you be interested in being interviewed for ITV 'Good Morning Britain'?

• Posted

Hi, hugs

I'm in same boat, got 26cm cyst on last ovary, been put for emergency surgery been told 8-10 week wait on nhs .

And yes bloating comes with it. Also lower back pain, I've thankfully found a good gp, my pains at point I can't work as pains stopping me move!!

Keep pushing n phone ur consultant etc, they'll soon get yo you.

May I ask where in UK you are??

Hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Northern Ireland. Hope you get seen soon as well. I can't work either and am self employed so it's going to be tight the longer I wait and then recovery.

• Posted

Strike me pink cgcr60 I'm in NI too! When we first moved here (1998) we thought the health service here was excellent - well it WAS. But since the new hospital was built in Enniskillen - the whole service has taken a nose dive. What's going on?

I think pester power is your best bet - it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.cheesygrin

• Posted

Defo think a little pressure will do know harm, I go for my surgery pre assessment next week so fingers crossed that is a good sign.
    • Posted

Have you still not had your surgery? If not, would you be interested in being interviewed for ITV 'Good Morning Britain'?

• Posted

Hi i feel your pain my scan was in september and i have 6 mths to wait..my pain was tertible thee other week i have been prescribed three lots of different pills..one is to clot my blood as i am bleeding just about all of the time now..i have 2 dermoid cysts on my left ovary surgeon has already said i will loose my ovary when i last saw my gp i asked if i could be seen any quicker..my answer..no its not an emergency..i wonder if they were in our shoes and it was them that was getting all the pain bloatedness and weight gain how quick they would get seen

Goodluck xx

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.