Convergent ablation

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am waiting to be scheduled for a convergent ablation (my first one in March failed), which consists of two surgical procedures one right after the other-- the first being thorasic where they make an incision in my chest from the outside and work on the heart and immediately after, I have the ablation surgery thru the groin. 

If any of you on this fantastic formum are familiar with this convergent ablation, I would love to hear from you. Thanks. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzane,

I am sorry to hear your previous ablation failed I rember you having it done,I can't help you with convergent ablation as I have never heard of it.

I hope when you get it done it is all succesful this time.

Like the others always here if you just want to get it off your chest.

L.

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, I researched this procedure and it sounds quite exciting an appears to have a more successful outcome than a usual ablation.

Don't be worried and please let us know how you get on. This will be my third attempt of answering your question!

• Posted

I really appreciate your encouraging words.  Thanks for your persistence in getting your reply published.  Suzanne
  • Posted

Hi Suzanne, I hope you had a happy Christmas without too many nerves!

If I remember correctly, your convergent ablation is scheduled for tomorrow.

I will be thinking of you and wish you every success.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Gwen, u r so sweet to remember.  Yes, I'm scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning. I so appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers,  God bless you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.