I am 52 and have just had my first mammogram

All went well although very painful

At the time the technician mentioned it was not uncommon to have a callback

Well today I received that callback and boy am I freaking out

They just said they would like to see me

As they will do another mammogram and ultrasound on my left breast

I will go this coming Thursday

Has anyone else been called back after first mammogram

I know sometimes it's due to density in the breast but they don't tell you anything m

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I'm in the exact same position. Got notice of the call back last Friday and I'm in today- my wedding anniversary of all days. I've done my best to keep calm. But I'm frightened too. I know it might be fine but then it might not be. I'm 49 and this was my first mammogram too. I have no lumps and feel fine but I know you don't have to have a lump to have it. Praying, can't sleep. Since the weekend my breasts have felt more tender. Is that me being paranoid, over examining? Sorry I can't say much to reassure but at least you know you are not alone. Good luck on Thursday.

• Posted

Thanks Sally

I have been the exact same all of a sudden my left breast bugging me

Obviously we are paranoid

Good luck today and happy anniversary

Sending you massive hugs

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

I have watch a dear friend go throught what you are. First they said she had stage 0 cancer, did a biospy and radiation (whiched knocked her on her rear for months!), and said it was gone. 5 years later, she had her last mam and they said it would be her last for a while, but they called her and said come in for another look see. She was flipping scared!  She went it, thankfully it was nothing, but the fear she had was terrible. 

Because of the scare though, with the advice of her oncol, she decided to change her diet and became a strict vegetarian with little to no dairy and she is meditating and exercising every day.  She was always sort of a healthy monded person anyway, this just took it to another level.

Hang in there, keep breathing.

• Posted

I can understand you panicking, but try to keep calm. It may just be routine to check if you have a particularly dense breast or cysts.

Let us know how you get on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.