up date

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi just a quick update ,I am now nearly 10 months since having tkr.

​Still on two crutches when walking round the park. Cannot get up the stairs properly,still no muscle as cannot lift my leg.Also i have a lump on the top part of my knee. So fed up as since accident its now two years.Sorry to moan but is any body out there with the same problem. Pam

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What do your medical care and physical therapy teams say is going on?  
  • Posted

Oh Pam! You poor thing.  What a sad sight you must be.  I'm so sorry that 10 months on, you still have no relief.  You mention "accident". So your knee was just a simple wear and tear deal then huh?  I must say, I don't think anyone would expect to be still on crutches  10 months on.  What does your surgeon say about it?  You must have other things wrong that they haven't fixed for you.  I'm a year on from bilateral tkr's and whinge that they ache sometimes still but I blame myself for not using them.  I couldn't even imagine how fed up you must feel.  You must get on to the surgeon and insist they do something.  I really hope they can and soon for you right sanity sake.  best wishes Sue xx

• Posted

I just saw my surgeon at three months post-op and they took x-rays to get a look at how the parts were - and the doc said they were perfect.  Mine still ache, even though I still take Melexocam.  I just assume they are still healing.  Doing a leg lift is still painful.  But you have to start.  I know of no other way to strengthen that muscle to come back.  I'd use crutches too for long distances because there are times when the knee feels unstable because of weakness.  It's simple to see the lack of muscle definition in the tkr knee.  The biggest thing to me is stayiing positive for the time it takes to get back to "normal" - it is a long haul.  There are days I do not exercise because I'm so tired of doing it, but I still do so more days than not.  It's alittle like any training or dieting.  "Cheat" days are okay too.

• Posted

Hi Pam

I had TKR on my right knee on 13th Feb this year and it's been a nightmare ever since. My walking is all wonky and today after struggling round Birmingham Ithought I'd rather have the pain back than this. At least I had my balance and felt confident - now I'm terrified of falling over

I really believed it would be the best thing to have done. This woman told me 'have it done' you'll be skipping and dancing afterwards .

I don't know where she got that from because it's crippled me - at times I feel like it's a slow death. Just very worn out from it all.

• Posted

Not sure why your still on crutches. I CANNOT LIFT MY LEG EITHER. I had tkr july 12 and 2 revisions sense. I AM CONFINED TO MY HOUSE AND I AK STILL IN BAD PAIN. HOPEFULLY I WILL BE OK IN ABOUT 4 TO 6 MONTHS. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE.
  • Posted

ommmgggg, your so allowed to moan and groan.  but you shouldnt be going through all this.  havent you gone to see your doctor for followup visits. if she/he has no answers for you go see someone else, go to er, this is utter lounici (did i spelll that right/). i thought i was boo hooing myself too much (7 months down the road still in pain, not many answers, still on pain killers i hate, dont help, but seeing doctor soon).   this surgery should be called "fed up tkr surgery" if your up for it.  however, i know, there are lots of folks out there who do well and i wish them well too. my doc told me i fell in the 20% group of people who dont do so well, then he said i'll see youin december, thats because i was determined at that point to make this better.  oh well, here i am, sick of myself and not too many dear close friends and family dont want to really hear about it anymore, who blames them.  i wish you well pam, please get some help for yourself, best of healing to all, kathy p

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.