Abdominal Pain Colon Cancer Fear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello to go through the list I am 24, male, 5 foot 9 inches, 205lbs, Caucasian, have been feeling pain and discomfort for a couple months. I am having pain in the left upper quadrant and right upper quadrant, been having mucus in my stool recently, and just the past couple days passing only mucus sometimes. I have medical anxiety and am very scared I have colon cancer that has spread to my liver. I had an ultrasound that looked at my liver two months ago but I am worried that they didn't look at the whole thing.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next wednesday but I am afraid I am going to go crazy before then. I know colon cancer is supposed to be rare at my age but I have been reading a lot of reports of younger and younger people getting it.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If your ultrasound was clear - perhaps you are just anxious and making things worse.

The colonoscopy will show anything that may be there- but it is rare at your age to have cancer.

Try to relax a bit - 

Good Luck for next Wednesday-hope news is good.

• Posted

Thanks I actually recheduled it for monday next week but the wait is killing me. I know I am anxious though. I just got married January and I am scared of dying already and my wife having to live without me so soon. I have not noticed any blood in my stool except for maybe a little but every week, as much as like a drop.

My stools dont look black or read I don't think.

• Posted

You'll be fine - I had a colonoscopy Dec 2014- which did show a tumour in the colon-I am over 65 and have family history of cancers.

Anyway cut long story short-had tumour removed last year -and I am well now.

You'll be fine -

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Susan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.