No bacteria but high wbc rbc blood leukocyte and pain, any ideas?

Posted , 6 users are following.

High wbc 5-19

rbc 20-25

blood 250/UL

& Leukocyte Esterase 110/UL

Doctor got the culture back and it didn't grow bacteria

CT scan was normal for stones and ultrasound was normal.

Feels like UTI but its not...

Anyone have any idea what could cause these urinalysis results?

Worried......Thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

So I did research and apparently having a high white blood cell count could mean that your body is fighting an infection or is having a reaction to a drug.

Could your bladder just be irritated or have you looked into types of fungal uti's?

I'm not a doctor what so ever, but you should sit down with your doctor and talk about the levels. As of the symptoms, try taking an advil to see if the pain resides (could be from inflammation) and take a probiotic that is for the flora.

I hope everything works out!

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, I will see my doctor on thursday and ask about a fungal uti.
    • Posted

I'll try an advil tonight and see if it reduces the pain too.

• Posted

what are you symtoms 
    • Posted

I have pain in my sides, back, and lower abdomen. Also I have urethra pain and burning, it's most of the day not just when I urinate.

• Posted

You could be experiencing kiddney or bladder stones. Monitor your pee to see if anything comes out.
    • Posted

From what they told me in the ER is that I'm clear after the CT scan and no stones.. I'll keep an eye out just in case though.

• Posted

So this is the same trouble I have had.

I have had a series of UTI's this year (E Coli) and been on antibiotics around 4-5x, you actually get to the point where you cant remember what normal feels like.

I bought some home dipstick tests and found I constantly had Leukocytes in my urine, even immediately after finishing AB's, or after 2 months with no UTI's.

I personally believe that there is a low grade infection or inflammation still present.

I tried everything under the sun to get rid of it, but it actually got to the point where I just figured this was the way it was going to be. I usually had low grade UTI symptoms.

I actually have managed to get myself leukocytes free for 2 whole weeks now (sex brings them back for a day) by treating myself with a natural bacteria killer and for candida (again naturally) AND i finally feel like im normal again, I feel SO much better.

I tried all of the common ones Dmannose/cranberry etc and nothing helped a bit, but im hopeful ive kicked it.

It certainly seems to me that there was still bacteria present, after WBC's everyday for nearly a year, this was a huge breakthrough.

My dr just kept prescribing AB's which were becoming less and less effective.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, are you currently taking any natural supplements or anything like that to help it? My pain is now in my back and I'm worried it will affect my kidneys. sad

• Posted

What antibiotic were you prescribed for the UTIs ? Some antibiotics can have delayed adverse reactions that give symptoms of interstitial cystitis.
    • Posted

hi am the same i always have Leukocytes and protein on my dipstick tests, over night cultrue showed e-coil, then a few month later e-coil and Enterococcus species, i think am not getting the uti to clear up or theres something else going on, am waiting on ultrasounds x
    • Posted

I'm on doxycycline right now, I was on amoxicillan at first.

• Posted

Are you having pain or any other symptoms?
    • Posted

hi i get pain in the bladder area, my overnight culture said amoxcillion wouldnt work x
    • Posted

Norofloxin was one and I cant remember the other, but the other never cleared the infection at all, it came back in 2 weeks and was the longest time I was horribly symptomatic.

Since reading about the floxin ones im really keen to prevent anymore so that I dont get another one (as we all are I guess) and I seem to be having a better time lately with my prevention strategies.

I dont have the IC symptoms, there are a few big ones that I dont have, so I have ruled it out to be honest

• Posted

Interesting Jazzyanne, because I feel exactly the same, like I cant clear the bacteria (rather than it being any kind of syndrome)

I really would like to get cultures done through a private organization but cant find any in this country. Often when the infection comes on badly and I can get to medical help its too late for me to get a culture (need to hold in bladder for 4hrs - as if) so the only one I have managed to get done showed e coli

• Posted

hi kylz it was a private test i got done in the uk, where are you ?
    • Posted

Hi I am suffering from I do not know what since 2 years and I am tired now 😢 I have frequent urination problem sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse... Recently I had a urine test and there were traces of leukocyte estrase and wbcs and rbcs but bacteria absent... I also had ultrasounds several times everything was normal so I do not know whyyy I have frequent urination problem and now I have pain in bladder and slight burning... When I take antibiotics it gets better but when I stop it reoccurs what should I do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.