Zoloft 50mg to Escitalopram 20mg . Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys been on Zoloft for 12 years today I seen therapist and she said it ok to switch instantly from 50mg Zoloft to 20mg escitalopram . Is this a good idea ? also back in aug they had to switch to Prozac and it didn't work so I put me back to Zoloft . I'm scared now because when I jump before instantly I felt terrible for a month and half couldn't do anything. Any advice also they are cutting me off avaitan to hydroxzine I'm just afraid I was not able to leave my house all summer or drive I don't want it happen again since now I can drive again and do something

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Why are you switching if it is working? I have taken Zoloft most of my life. Tried Lexapro a couple months ago and didn't get along with it... Everyone is of course different so you may be just fine. I also thought 50mg of Zoloft was closer to about 10mg Lexapro? Again, just what I have seen on the forums so no expert....

• Posted

Therapist think I'm not quite as good as I should be with I agree so she change me to this today. I'm just afraid of going backward . That pretty much my worry

• Posted

Well of course... It is scary switching. Why don't you increase the dosage of the Zoloft? You are only on 50mg correct? That is what I generally take but a lot of people are on 100 - 200 mg. Just a thought instead of doing a complete med change... I hope it works out well for you of course. It is nerve racking trying meds....

• Posted

I was on 100 mg. Zoloft oringnaly for 12 years and I felt it was not working so my primary had me start the weaning and now I been at 50 for about month I was going to go off ssri completely my choice but the therapist they sent me to say it not a good idea
    • Posted

Sorry if it confusing I just been threw a crappy 6 months and don't want anymore bad months u know

• Posted

Got ya. I hear you loud and clear. I have had an awful 6 months myself. Long story. Was on Zoloft increased dose cause I wasn't feeling the best. Had side effects from increase. Started vomiting daily. Few doctors thought my dose was to high. Dropped it back down, still vomiting. Told to stop med cold turkey to see if it was the Zoloft. Didn't improve. Went to Gastro doc. Had a bunch of tests done. Ended up bad gallbladder. Had surgery 2 months ago meanwhile tried to start the lexapro just prior to surgery. Started real low and as I increased became very bad as far as depression and unstable. It was bad. Went back to Zoloft and have been back in the start up on that for about 6weeks. Been awful restarting it. Did 25mg for two weeks and tomorrow will be 4 weeks at 50mg. Still trying to get there and it has been awful. My past 6 months have been a nightmare too. I feel for you. Been a long rough road and I am not out the other side yet... Sorry so long bit tried to give ya the quick and short version...

• Posted

Hey holly thanks for replying to my post thanks for sharing your story I like to support others and help them as they help me. I decided to try it about 10 mins ago hope this is the one for me . 👍if not I'll be weaning my slef of all ssri and maybe try cananbis oils or something. And no more lab made pills.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.