replying to my question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi perhaps I should explain why I had my TKR. two years ago i was involved with a dog attacking mine.It was a great dane,and it tossed me in the air.My lower bone was split and shattered,so I was in a cast for 7 months.Started to walk then found it had damaged my knee.So had TKR. thats why i have little or no muscle.I have to use my crutches most of the time,because my knee keeps giving way.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I didn't have a dog attack me and I've had 11 PT sessions and my knee is still weak and I use a crutch if it starts to feel wobbley.  To have such trauma, you should be able to be given PT for as long as it takes to bring the muscles back !  Best wishes !

• Posted

Goodness! That must have been so scary!😱What an awful thing to have happen to you!

Sending prayers to you today!💟

• Posted

yes it was it changed my life, with just my little  dog for company.
    • Posted

yes thankyou she is the only thing that  is keeping me going as i do get depressed  at  times

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.