My son had 3 tick bites in Scandinavia. Should he take antibiotics now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

He does not have a rash or fever. He has had headaches, tiredness and a general feeling of not being well. owever he often doesn't feel well. His girlfriend was with him , she tested positive on a blood test and is taking antibiotics.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes absolutely! ! 6 weeks minimum. If can't get 6 weeks off dr buy on line.

If he's feeling ill now it'll only get worse and worse. Even if he isn't prevention! !

I've had lyme for 16 Yrs it's no fun. And as I was left without treatment for 6 Yrs I'll probably always suffer.

With tick bites come lyme and co infections.

Look up on lyme sites. But not NHS as you'll get minimum help from them.

Good luck. Wouldn't wish lyme and co on anyone.

• Posted

Oh boy, you all need to get very serious this can not be ignored at all! Run do not walk towards the nearest health facility and keep on top of this. You might be able to prevent some damage you can not take damage away!  Good luck! Get going!!
    • Posted

Thankyou Peonygirl

The second test on the same blood was.positive. He is taking anti biotics now but only for 2 weeks. Thanks again, Treemoth

• Posted

2 weeks isn't enough sweetheart. If dr won't prescribe buy off line. Doxcycyline. .I'd do 8 weeks to be sure.

With a good probiotic.

Good luck.

Thank God you caught it asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.