Paxil

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today is 2 weeks back on paxil with buspar. My anxiety is so high right now. And my emotions are all over!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Those two drugs are very powerful stimulants !  Can't you try to get off of those doing something else ?

• Posted

do a search on those 2 drugs and see the adverse side effects and then you will understand why you are so anxious . 
  • Posted

Hi deanna,

I am sorry you are feeling bad right now. Ihope things will turn around for you soon. I am in a similar situation  increasing my paxil from 30 to40 mgs after 16 years on 30mgs. I am not feeling great myself. There is always  hope that in time the meds will work. Hang in there and don't be afraid to contact your doc.Maybe yoou can go off the buspar.

• Posted

Hi deannna,

Just hang in there you are  safe. You might want to ask your doctor about not taking the buspar. I have taken that before and it caused problems. Maybe it would be better  for you to just take the paxil. You will be ok no matter what you decide. Stay strong.

• Posted

I was one for the first week
    • Posted

/check with your doctor maybe one at a time  is better. you are going to be alright.
  • Posted

You will be fine, you both will, we all will, it is a blip a nasty blip, but a blip coming off and going on is going to take a bit of time to get used to.  Paxil has a short life so after coming off of it you can experience some really nasty effects, then you tried a different one inbetween, which again would of caused some reaction, now you are back on it and another drug to the mix, so you are going to experience something. however you will get better you will I promise you.  Go back to your dctor and tell them how you feel.  You know the Paxil has helped before, so it will but will take its time  ask for a different anti anxiety medication to take in the interim period xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.