hi guys im tapering from nitazepam and diaz, but looking for some input

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys ,

I'm currently on a reduction prescription, but I have noticed more and more that I have no energy and I'm absolutely convinced its the nitrazepam .

I feel fine at night, optimistic and thoughts of doing stuff. Then I take my nitraz which does nothing for sleeping anymore, but next day I'm so deflated, life less and cant be bothered. I noticed this a year ago when prescribed them but was grateful for the sleep.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

As I've been addicted to Diaz for 17 years. But on high doses. I'm currently stable on 20mg of Diaz and 5 nitraz.. I'm now on monthly 2 mg reduction's.

The funny thing is my Diaz gives me a slight energy boost and always has but combined with my nitraz I feel no real boost.

Ive dropped from 30mg Diaz since Jan .

Anyway has anyone else noticed prolonged hynotic effects from nitraz.

As I'm going to only take 2.5mg for a couple of nights and swap it for 5mgs of Diaz and just save them up incase I get a panic attack.

Do you all think I in withdrawal, as usually I'm retarded with nothing, but just feel tired. But I'm still social and able to function..

Any input would be good

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm really looking for someone who has experience with nitazepam , as I have plenty of experience with diazepam.

Just looking to see if anyone else has experienced the lethargic feeling with them.

I'm going to stop them before my next drop on the diazepam, but ill be swapping the dose for a Diaz .

I will keep you posted, and I know you guys will get back to me.

I used to love benzos, but now I resent them and myself for ever touching them . God speed. Cold turkey is bad but I don't fear it. As I've done it before many times . This I the best ive been on the lowest dose in a very long time. I hope this is all I feel when I finally stop.. Cheers

• Posted

You may nit be in withdrawal, but your body is. 17 years it has been used to the drugs. So yes, it has to adjust to the decreased dose. Everything we put into our bodies causes a chemical change. Hang tough!

So, good for you...keep up the great work...you will be so much better off.

About sleep...I am the queen of can not fall asleep, can not stay asleep. If my brain has norhing to worry on, it will merrily consider painting the living room! Turns out our bodies produce melatonin as light fades which signals time to sleep. My neurologist suggested I try non prescription Melatonin 3 mg taken 2 hours before bedtime. Works like a dream, sleeo comes, I remain asleep, and I wake up feeling rested.

Do not go back, you havw already come a long way...keep us up to date on your progress

Kind regards

,judith

• Posted

You may nit be in withdrawal, but your body is. 17 years it has been used to the drugs. So yes, it has to adjust to the decreased dose. Everything we put into our bodies causes a chemical change. Hang tough!

So, good for you...keep up the great work...you will be so much better off.

About sleep...I am the queen of can not fall asleep, can not stay asleep. If my brain has norhing to worry on, it will merrily consider painting the living room! Turns out our bodies produce melatonin as light fades which signals time to sleep. My neurologist suggested I try non prescription Melatonin 3 mg taken 2 hours before bedtime. Works like a dream, sleeo comes, I remain asleep, and I wake up feeling rested.

Do not go back, you havw already come a long way...keep us up to date on your progress

Kind regards

,judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.