24yo female. hemorrhoid for a few months, don't know what or why

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 24 yo female who's too embarrased to go to the clinic. I've had really hard stool and got these 'bubbles' around my anus before, but they always went away within a couple of days. However a few months ago it happened again (when I was on a stupid low-carb diet) and never went away. A few times during the past months I had bad constipation and felt sharp pain during bowel movement, which resulted in a little bit of blood on toilet paper. But normally it doesn't hurt, it's just always there. 

It obviously hasn't hurt enough for me to go to the doctors, but it's really annoying and makes me feel like a freak. I got anusol ointment and applied it after every shower. didn't seem to work.

Anyone has advice other than going to the doctors...? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may have skin tags left over from the hemmorhoids - which probably won't go away.

I understand you feeling embarrassed about going to your GP, but hemmorhoids are very common. Maybe ask to see a female doctor??

If you are offered surgery tho, think very long and hard about it. I went to have my skin tag removed & after surgery another two have developed and are much much worse (& painful) & I think I may need more surgery 😬

• Posted

Hi

I can only make suggestions, water intake is very important 2-3 litres a day. LOW carb is not a bad thing but you need a lot of green veg, salad and fruit.

Using Beens whole meal bread is also good. Diet can help but if it continues best contact the doctors. Use laxatives I feel necessary

I have just had the op, it is best to try anything before going through that!all the best

• Posted

Both the previous answers are very good. You may want to try Anusol suppositries as well. A friend of mine had success with witch hazel - I've not tried it - I've been sared it may sting - but I don't know. Certainly look at your diet so you are avoiding straining  - increase your water intake. There are Stool Softeners  I take 1 twice a day. Research some of the foods you are eating, you want thingsthat pass through you easily. Try to avoid meats. dairy, gluten, chocolate - these are what  have cut out.  IGood for you - fruits, veggies, prune juice, leafy greens, beetroot, mushy bananas, pineapple - good for healing. I'm bleniding foods every day.  You're young and hopefully making a few changes now will help you. Taking Psyllium every day will definately help you have a Bowel movement without straining. I take it early evening with lots of water.  A Sitz bath - or just sitting in a warm bath a little everyy day may help. Try doing all of these little things. And of course a doctor may help - they see these things a lot more than you thiink. And honestly you want to do everthign you can and avoid surgery at all costs.Surgery is the extreme and I wouldn't advise it to anyone. I am about 4 months post surgery - pain was excruitating and i have more issues now then I had before. Check your diet, exercise and make some changes if you can. every little change helps.

• Posted

the sharp pain and blood is probably from the rupturing of the internal hemorrhoids (which normally don't hurt but may protrude when you have a BM. I usually just push them back in. but external ones are extremely painful and I wouldn't want to relieve the experience. to avoid the painful experience, you probably have to watch your diet, drink lots of water and use laxatives if you can, as mentioned. suppositories (and creams) also help relieve the pain. sitz baths are also of great help

• Posted

Recently I got myself into the same situation and been tackling with home remedies as I'm also embarassed to talk about this to anyone. Thankfully it is working in my case and would like to share this. Here we go...

1) A teaspoon of flaxseeds after each meal which combats constipation.

2) Increase the intake of water (i drink min. 3 litres a day), which helps in bowel movement. Consuming flaxseeds alone would cause thick stools, so don't forget to plenty of water.

3) Applying coconut oil on the bumps and the area around, which was very effective for me. I do this three times a day.

Hope this helps...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.