restarting methotrexate

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been off methotrexate for six weeks because of liver side effects.Saw consultant and am due to go back on 15mg /week injection on Sunday (was on 25mg ).Will it take long to work like it did when first went on?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sorry do not no i was on the tabs 2.5 came of them in agony for a while but i will not go back on them ok my ra has a lot worse my hands have swollen my knees hurt that i can barely walk i will see what they say when i go to see them at hospital best of luck hope you get on ok
  • Posted

Be sure to not eat ANY potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, nothing spicy,or peanut butter.  All will really cause inflamatory reaction.  That includes tomatoe sauce, pizza sauce etc.  It will help immensely!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.