Heel pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm into my twelfth week post surgery and about 4 weeks into physical therapy.  I walk without my crutch short distances and with a crutch if I am on my feet for longer than a half hour.  I have been experiencing heel pain after standing too long on it. Can anyone say if they get this and how far along they are post surgery?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh yea! I am 9 weeks post surgery and the bottom of my heel KILLS me when I walk. It's not where the tendon was repaired, not near the scar... I do t understand why there is pain there!! If you get any answers, please share!!

• Posted

I purchased crocs since I am on my feet 8 plus hours a day. Seems to help lessen heel pain but does nothing for swelling sneakers aggravate heel pain so I'd try some crocs for now.

• Posted

Try standing with supportive shoes, not slippers or bare footed. Also shift your weight and stance frequently. Our feet were not made to just stand still. You may not even realize you are being so still. If your job requires this standing, consider using a knee walker on those occasions.

Heal quickly

judith

• Posted

Yes I've had heel pain I am 3 weeks out of boot and 9 weeks post op the pain comes and goes but I also am on my feet all day at work. Told by therapist this could be plantar fasciitis which is kind of common with Achilles injuries. Told if you roll your foot on a tennis or golf ball this should help. Otherwise it's par for the course I am actually bothered more by the continued swelling which is also common. Keep at it should get better.

• Posted

Try a compression, knee high sock.

You put it on before you put your legs over the side of the bed in the morning...

Hope you quickly mend,

judith

• Posted

I wear a copper compression sock now up to my ankle and it works for awhile and then if I'm on my foot for more than an hour the heel starts hurting. It's not first thing in the morning

• Posted

I put on a copper compression sock for the first time this morning. It's not very tight. Just feels like a good quality basketball sock. I hope it helps!

• Posted

The idea is that when you first awaken, the swelling is at its lowest. The compression sock encourages the body to keep the fluid moving back to the heart rather than collecting.

You should still elevate and ice.

Kind regards

judith

been there, done that

• Posted

Yes my heel really killed me afterwards.  It will get better.
  • Posted

Hi there had mine done just ouer 9weeks had loads of work done on the foot as well this is the 3opp. I have had 3time lucky hopefully. Yes my foot gets. Tired aches ,,  hurts but hip hurts badly with using cruchers ,,,,Linda 😚😞

• Posted

Ice, elevation, and rest (not to be confused with sleep)

We carry all of our weight on our feet.

It will get better,

hugs

judith

• Posted

Aww bless you. I rest it as much as I can Judith but it's hard   ,,its. If  Jason Hargreaves of 9Harley st had done it right 4years ago I wouldn't be like this but that's life ,,but do you find the nerves. In my foot  pain a little I expect we're its healing ,do you know who long Judith I will be on 1.   Crutch   For I think it could be 3 weeeks I know. You have to wear 👟 trainers. For so many weeks ,you know the sock they give you to wear can you wear it at night Judith not sure hope you feel better soon 😄

• Posted

Hi Linda

No, I can't telll you how long...depends upon how your body heals, how much rest you can give it, the type of shoes you wear, the type of surfaces you stand on, walk on, etc.

The compression sock. yes, I wore mine at night. Get in bed first, elevate with ice for 30-60 minutes before putting the compression sock on...and be mindful to not dangle the foot over the side of the bed until the sock is on.

Good news is you have made more than 13 hours...chuckle chuckle

warm thoughts

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.