Had pneumonia for 2 weeks and haven't ate or slept. Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had pneumonia for 2 weeks, probably longer than that but only got diagnosed then. Since then I've had 2 set of antibiotics as it is bacterial pneumonia, currently half way through second set and I haven't ate at all as I couldn't keep anything down. I also haven't slept because of this horrible cough. I managed to stomach a few slices of toast earlier and I am extremely hungry but am afraid to eat incase I vomit it up again. Any ideas on how to stop feeling so sick and on how to get rid of this cough so I can sleep

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

IN my experience if OTC cough melds don't work especially after pneumonia if would ask for a rx from your doc. Sounds so miserable. 

Hope your better soon.

• Posted

I've tried every cough med I can possible get a hold of. (Not exaggerating) I just vomit them back up or they don't work at all. My gp has given me all he can without me having to go back into hospital again. I just want to be able to sleep atleast an hour

• Posted

The cough mixtures won't cure a cough byput they can ease I think ,when ever I've been in hospital they've given me simple linctus in hot water ,it seems to do the trick ,,, ,eases it for a while anyway and it's only about a pound a bottle ,

• Posted

Oh Jenny I'm so sorry to hear your so sick. I hope this will pass soon.

is this a type of pneumonia that you can receive immunizations for?

if so ask you doc about it. Have you tried honey and peppermint tea. 

• Posted

Ps ginger and gingerale soda crackers may help ur tummy.
  • Posted

Hi jenny  ,i had bacterial pneumonia in January ,I was given different antibiotics to try but I kept being violently sick ,in the end I had introvenus antibiotics at hospital for 24hours ,then sent home without antisicknesspilks to take 3/4 times a day ,that stopped the sickness but a stay I hadn't eaten for days (like you ) I tried complan drinks ,and that got me going again ,just don't expect your appetite to co e back straight away ,small meals often is best ,take care ,x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.