Evorel Conti patches

Posted , 7 users are following.

GP has prescribed these for me to try having been on oral HRT for over five years. Applied first patch this morning to upper outer thigh and within half an hour it was hanging off 😞. Nurse at GP surgery (whom was taking bloods today put micropore tape over it. Surely should stay on better than that as not due to change till Monday morning. Would have thought that they would be softer as well but a shiny side and sticky side. Any advice please.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

those patches are too big.  I tried it once for two days but the edges lifted. have not used since.   I believeVivelle-DOT is a much smaller patch and so stays on.  have not used it myself though
  • Posted

sorry, left the last bit off,  i meant to say that there has to be smaller patches available similar to the one I mentioned as those are too large
  • Posted

Hi Barbara, I have been using Evorel patches for a long time. Make sure your skin is dry and not mositurised. They should stick better than that, I've had the odd prob with them usually in the Summer when you sweat more. You can remove the sticky residue with baby oil. Good luck 

• Posted

Are theae patches any good for people who have had hysterectomy as I have previously tried gel and oral tablets and are going to docs on 16th Nov to get a different one as I came off the other two and get very had flushes and I'm warm all day I'm like a walking heater save on bills I suppose but really it's not a joke as most of you know

• Posted

I apply mine to my hip/buttock and then my knickers cover it. Never had any trouble with it falling off. I too was surprised it wasn't softer but I've got used to it now. Alternate sides each time you apply a new patch .

• Posted

hi, strange that, I  was on Fem7 and they kept falling off. Now on Evorel & have slight difficulty removing them. Have to use surgical spirit to take away nasty black glue left behind. Are you putting the patch on a clean, dry area and holding it in place for at least 30 seconds. Hope you sort it, they are working fine for me.

• Posted

Surgical spirit is good but I'll try that. probably smells nicer. Thanks x

• Posted

Spoke to GP yesterday and she has agreed that as I have very dry skin she feels that patches maybe not best for me and adhesion is not great so suggested I should go back on to oral HRT. I am to start on Friday.

Last December I had a prolapse repair done and asked for a hysterectomy but surgeon said he would only do what was needed. I feel my problems with bleeding would have been dealt with.

• Posted

Hope that's you sorted then. I am fine with Evorel now, hardly any flushes as such. On the one hand I am not bursting with energy like some of you but neither am I suffering with any of the other problems ladies have said they have, so all good I suppose. Don't think male doctors have much sympathy or understanding of all this really.

As I have said before, if men had the menopause there would have been a 'cure' years ago.

• Posted

Jean, you are so right, the male GP's are dinosaurs. I was forced off evorel over a year ago. Went through hell and started HRT again (having put my foot down with mt GP) It's our bodies! As far as I'm concerned the benefits outweight the risks.  I m still having probems now, after a year of tailoring the doseage. I was sailing along so nicely on my half a patch. Anyway, It's good to have others to let off a bit of steam to and to help if I can. So many thanks ladies smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.