Blood and protein

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been getting urine infections since my daughter was born she is now 14 I always have blood and protein in my urine what can be causing this I .cant go through this any longer it's affecting my job my life I'm constantly on antibiotics it's so frustrating I have loads of test done but they can't find anything Please help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi jennifer, have you been on any statin  med,,s, for cholestrol, and any other bloodwork done, are you seeing GP, or internist ?

• Posted

Do you have PMR or GCA?  This forum is for patients with those conditions and mostly on steroids.  Perhaps there is a Urology forum?
  • Posted

I can just imagine the misery you are suffering. You mention "loads of tests" having been done, so I assume there is a doctor or doctors involved in your case.

If it were I suffering this way, I would use the internet to try to figure out what's going on. That may not be possible, I realize, if there's not enough information showing up. However, it's worth a try. 

First, you need a diagnosis of your condition. You mention being "constantly on antibiotics" so I assume there is a doctor prescribing them. Q: What is his or her diagnosis of your condition? 

With every good wish for you--Barbara

• Posted

When I was first married I started getting UTIs all the time. I ended up at a urologist office. What he did was stretched my urethra. What this is he used rods putting it in the urethra graduating in size to getting bigger and bigger around. I will admit that this treatment is damn near barbaric. But it did solve my problem. I don't know if you've seen a urologist yet but you should go to see one if you have it yet.

• Posted

You should probably make sure your kidney function is checked.  There is also likely to be a much more appropriate forum on here where you should post your question.
  • Posted

Wrong forum for this topic, but I never had another UTI after I began deliberately increasing my water intake, many, many years ago.

I always drink a glass of water with food, and at other times as well.

• Posted

The stretching of the urethra (that Amcoffee described) is what I meant when I said urethral dilation. It has worked for me too. I meant to say that apart from taking that special probiotic twice a day for the bladder/vaginal region of a woman's body I also do my very best to ensure I drink between 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day, either as pure water or else as green tea (sorry wine doesn't count!!). Aim for an alcaline diet, so avoid acidic drinks and food and don't bother with the cranberry myth (in my experience) it is a waste of time. These steps appear to work for me and I was a lost cause in that department, though of course I live in fear of it resurfacing again. 

• Posted

That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my post but I couldn't remember what it was called. But I should warn that it is most uncomfortable. I've had to have it done twice in my life. And my urologist is threatening me with another one if I continue to have problems. I don't know if I'm going to let him know that i am.

• Posted

Uncomfortable? Didn't they 'put you out' for the minor op? I cannot say I found it uncomfortable at all. The thought of it is pretty horrible, but although not 100% I am heaps better for having had it done. Sorry you have had to have it twice and might have to go through it again.  

• Posted

OK I was understating the pain. The truth is i thought it was barbaric. And no I was wide awake. It was done in a doctor's office. Of course this was 30 years ago. It would be great if they put me to sleep. But as i recall they did graduating sizes over the course of a couple of weeks or something like that.

• Posted

Hells bells, it is NOTHING like that now!!! Day patient at the hospital and out for the count. Wake up and it's all over and no pain. Your experience sounds not just barbaric but primitive! Also, it was a one off, no graduating sizes in installments 😄 So fear not, times have moved on a bit and if you have to have it done again, I trust it will be like my experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.